UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont next weekend

28 minutes ago, jimbo said:

The gifts were often created by hustle and then the opportunity was cashed in....so I still say well done.

Can't agree either.  They are a terrible team.  We were out hustled for sure.  No faceoff guy and you lose.  IF we had won a few inthe second half we still would have won.  Gotta win some.  No idea what the hell is going on at faceoff..

• Like 1

Wow, I had to leave the post game tailgate I was so upset. I can't recall, even the UMBC game last year, when I have seen an Albany team play with so little passion, hustle, and discipline as I just saw today. And I am going to add on so poorly coached.

I don't want to say anything I will regret and want to stand by my commitment to not say anything negative about a player so i'll just shut up and see if this team can come prepared to play next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Can't agree either.  They are a terrible team.  We were out hustled for sure.  No faceoff guy and you lose.  IF we had won a few inthe second half we still would have won.  Gotta win some.  No idea what the hell is going on at faceoff..

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not praising UVM as a superior team, but they played better today. If your opponent keeps shooting itself in the foot you can take advantage or not...and they did take advantage. Albany is not playing well at all. That much is clear. To go from TD to a complete cluster%$&@ at FO, I don’t get. They just give up?? Where did Tehoka disappear to in crunch time? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not praising UVM as a superior team, but they played better today. If your opponent keeps shooting itself in the foot you can take advantage or not...and they did take advantage. Albany is not playing well at all. That much is clear. To go from TD to a complete cluster%$&@ at FO, I don’t get. They just give up?? Where did Tehoka disappear to in crunch time? 

No disrespect to the guys on the team now or in the past, but other than TD, Coach Marr has never recruited well at FOGO.

11 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

No disrespect to the guys on the team now or in the past, but other than TD, Coach Marr has never recruited well at FOGO.

True, maybe the new kids coming in can get the job done.  It is obvious, that despite ALL of the terrible play we lost this game directly because of face off no question about it.  I do not remember us winning one after mid-second period!  And that is just plain awful!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Is Jones hurt?  Not that he has been very good; but he has been hovering around 50%, even though he does turn it over a lot after winning.

Inside Lacrosse had Altamari as # 6 fogo in country when he was recruited; so maybe not just Marr wrong about him?? What happened to him? Russell showed a lot of  promise until his injury.

Also, not giving up or looking too far ahead, but any further info about "TOP" fogo recruit out of the island for next year?? Notice very highly rated fogo from TD's high school still listed for 2020--I hope we do not have to wait that long for help.

Edited by dslyank

I noticed that the UVM FO was scooping the ball to one of the wings pretty regularly as a change up from just trying to escape on his own. Jones seems to really have a problem hanging on to it after he wins the draw. 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Is Jones hurt?  Not that he has been very good; but he has been hovering around 50%, even though he does turn it over a lot after winning.

Inside Lacrosse had Altamari as # 6 fogo in country when he was recruited; so maybe not just Marr wrong about him?? What happened to him? Russell showed a lot of  promise until his injury.

Also, not giving up or looking too far ahead, but any further info about "TOP" fogo recruit out of the island for next year?? Notice very highly rated fogo from TD's high school still listed for 2020--I hope we do not have to wait that long for help.

He did get injured at Harvard, and it didn't look great, but he bounced back against Hartford. It could be more serious than any of us knows. I too heard Altamari was highly recruited and was a late flip to Albany from maybe Delaware?? but sure seems like the coaches have given up on him. It is hard to just go out for one face off. Whether any of them can get it done or not, you need 3-5 draws to figure out what the other guy is doing, but there were times yesterday where the UVM FOGO had the ball out before our guys even moved.

12 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I noticed that the UVM FO was scooping the ball to one of the wings pretty regularly as a change up from just trying to escape on his own. Jones seems to really have a problem hanging on to it after he wins the draw. 

So true. It is a face off unit and too many times Jones tries to pinch and pop. Just get it out.

• Like 1