UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East cancels Spring sports season

I must have had my head buried in my work today.  America East has joined the growing list of conferences cancelling all sport seasons for the rest of the academic year.  Further, the NCAA has also cancel all winter and spring championship events.  I am wondering why UAlbany has not placed a statement on the ualbanysports.com 

I could see that for Spring sports although TV sports shows were mentioning that seniors in basketball would like the same deal with the NCAA tourney being missed.  That would not work as those players played an entire season already unlike spring sports and affects players on only 68 teams out of 351 D1 teams.  Do Hansen, Clark, Lauderdale deserve another year after already eliminated from post season play?  Of course not.  The NCAA has to stick to Spring only or they are opening a can of worms.

Scholarships are the other problem.  If a school has 5 seniors graduating, they already gave 5 schollies to incoming freshmen.  Is the extra year on players dime?  Does NCAA increase allowable scholarships for one season?  Many issues.

• Like 1

I have seen nor heard any information about refunding for the cancelled home lacrosse matches.  I image the single game purchasers for the Syracuse game are particularly interested in receiving a refund.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

From the ticket office 

We are currently working with NeuLion College, our ticketing provider, to present you with a few options for your UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse ticketing settlement. We ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy and efficient as possible for you. 

2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

From the ticket office 

We are currently working with NeuLion College, our ticketing provider, to present you with a few options for your UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse ticketing settlement. We ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy and efficient as possible for you. 

got the e mail,  interesting wording.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, UAalum72 said:

Options other than refund? Could convert to a donation, credit to next years games

That is what I was going to do if given the option.

19 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

That is what I was going to do if given the option.

What would others want for options?... With restaurants suggesting buying gift cards to use later, perhaps crediting to next year's tickets could be best option for UAlbany sports.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cwdickens said:

What would others want for options?... With restaurants suggesting buying gift cards to use later, perhaps crediting to next year's tickets could be best option for UAlbany sports.

Not sure.  I was just going to use it as a donation to the program.

• Like 1