UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Games 13 & 14 vs Stony Brook University 02-20-2021 @ 4:00 PM & 02-21-2021 @ 2:00 PM SEFCU Arena

19 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

It'll also be interesting how the Foundation has to deal with donors if they do not renew Will. There's a lot of people with deep pockets that like him and have good memories over the past 20 years which the foundation is able to use to milk getting donations (and they're also anti-Benson donors that this could push them over the edge to stop their donations). And it has been mentioned before here before too but Castellana seems to be a supporter of the program and Will and they have yet to secure the funding with the naming for the arena. If they can Will it'll be interesting what happens with that.

🤷🏻‍♀️

You can't separate Wills lack of success of the last 3 or 4 years from things like all other programs in the AE have summer school, kids are on campus working out, in the meantime UA doesn't have budget to do that (just one example). Should some of this fall on Will and his coaching staff, sure, you can't deny that comes with the territory but you also can't give Benson (not saying you are) a pass. What has Benson accomplished here? Fact is Will is paid well, but overall program resources are very middling in the AE and the scary part is, falling behind. It will get progressively HARDER to win here unless some of those resources are calibrated appropriately. Overall I guess I'm not just down about the lack of success of a program I love, UA hoops, but I see some strong negatively long term undercurrents and a lot of it comes from lack of leadership. 

I get the appeal of trying someone else, because let's face, this program is no longer competitive with the top of the AE if you look beyond the box score game to game. We haven't sniffed a regular season title in forever, our record against the likes of UVM is brutal, other programs are building facilities etc. and we are falling further and further behind. But bringing in a new staff without support from the University is putting lip-stick on a pig. Will just be a different name losing and that's disappointing.  Coach Brown needed to really come out this season or even two and remove all doubt. Instead we get performance like the disaster in the first SBU game or so many others over the last few years where the product on the floor looks like a sloppy mess, can't score, can't rebound etc. It's tough watching that, fans turning the games off and say wow, we gotta have more of that. Sorry if that's to direct. The highs have been high but the valleys are brutal and ugly and last a while. 

So I guess we'll see what happens. Many of you know I have been very outspoken about other passed coaches like GG (good for him turning it around) but I honestly have no strong opinion either way here because neither avenue I don't think can resolve the bigger issue. I've made this comment numerous times before and I'll make it again. This program has no direction and unclear what the future is and that's not me talking about the HC. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Why are all of your posts in bold...are you aware of this? Sounds like you are constantly yelling at me/us when I read your posts. LOL

Yelling at you? Sad..... Sorry for the hurt feelings follow alumnus...  However, after being away from this forum for several years, I have seen little concern about feelings from others including you... You and I have reached this impasse before and we will reach this impasse again..... I am thankful that there is more to life then this forum.  As Warren Zevon once said... "Enjoy the bite of every sandwich".....

4 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Yelling at you? Sad..... Sorry for the hurt feelings follow alumnus...  However, after being away from this forum for several years, I have seen little concern about feelings from others including you... You and I have reached this impasse before and we will reach this impasse again..... I am thankful that there is more to life then this forum.  As Warren Zevon once said... "Enjoy the bite of every sandwich".....

No feelings hurt, just wasn't sure if that was your intent or simply unaware. Seeing now that it was intentional...carry on. You do you!

42 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

No feelings hurt, just wasn't sure if that was your intent or simply unaware. Seeing now that it was intentional...carry on. You do you!

Thank you for your kind words.... About the bold font ...I have know about the bold font likely 30 years...but I like my bold font and please you do you too.....