UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10 hours ago, HOF2013 said:
Trey Lindse @treylindz  QB at Auburn University, 6' 1"  200 Lbs. grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5606195/trey-lindsey

Committed to U Albany
Thankful to announce I’m committed to Albany! Can’t wait to get to work!
Gotta be 1st backup I'd say

WOW! An SEC kid! That is really impressive. If he is a good athlete which I am sure he is they need to get him on the field somewhere besides QB. Maybe slot or DB or have a QB package for him. I hope him being a bigtime player doesn't spook the starter Poff (not that he would be spooked but why chance it).

Wondering why Albany only signed 3 during the early signing period of Dec 21-23.  I checked a handful of other CAA teams and the number of signings ranged from a low of 11 (Villanova) to a high of 21 (Monmouth).  The 4-5 other schools I checked were somewhere in between.  Albany clearly an outlier.  I see the flurry of new “Commits” coming through now but I’m just curious if anyone has an explanation of Greg’s “strategy” to wait for the “regular” signing period of Feb 1 to Apr 1. 

8 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

WOW! An SEC kid! That is really impressive. If he is a good athlete which I am sure he is they need to get him on the field somewhere besides QB. Maybe slot or DB or have a QB package for him. I hope him being a bigtime player doesn't spook the starter Poff (not that he would be spooked but why chance it).

Take it ease.... (italian-american brooklyn accent).  LOL.  

He was a walk-on who just received a scholarship this year and was the third string QB.  He is talented but the job is Poffs and I don't think he's worrying.  We clearly need a REALLY, REALLY good backup and this kid is light years ahead of the QBs we had on the  roster last year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Take it ease.... (italian-american brooklyn accent).  LOL.  

He was a walk-on who just received a scholarship this year and was the third string QB.  He is talented but the job is Poffs and I don't think he's worrying.  We clearly need a REALLY, REALLY good backup and this kid is light years ahead of the QBs we had on the  roster last year. 

No doubt, the job is Poff's.

I guess I was impressed that we got a kid from the SEC. As you know, Auburn has won a National Championship at the highest level. I will go out on a limb and say he is probably the only SEC kid to ever come to UA. We've had kids over the years that have come from lesser 1A programs like Maryland, Syracuse, UCONN etc. even in my era all those years ago LOL. Our 85 team had multiple D1 and 1aa transfers on it. This compares to when Brad Acker came to UA from Penn State. He was a big contributor on D as a LB at PSU and has a National Championship ring. When he got here Ford played him at TE, LB (his actual position) and he returned punts, kickoffs etc. He was a man amongst boys. He made those teams have winning records just by playing. 

Not sure this kid falls into that category but if he is good enough to earn a scholarship at Auburn, I am sure he will be in the mix somewhere. 

• Like 1

Irvin Briggs IV @Briggs_IV Trinity HS, Queens, DE / NT  6' 4" 225 lbs https://www.hudl.com/profile/13579983/Irvin-Briggs-IV   After a great conversation with  @Coach_Calabrese  I’m blessed and excited to have received an offer from  @UAlbanyFootball
  Thank you!!

Committed to Stony Brook

Edited by HOF2013

On 1/11/2023 at 10:31 AM, Dane81 said:

Wondering why Albany only signed 3 during the early signing period of Dec 21-23.  I checked a handful of other CAA teams and the number of signings ranged from a low of 11 (Villanova) to a high of 21 (Monmouth).  The 4-5 other schools I checked were somewhere in between.  Albany clearly an outlier.  I see the flurry of new “Commits” coming through now but I’m just curious if anyone has an explanation of Greg’s “strategy” to wait for the “regular” signing period of Feb 1 to Apr 1. 

They were going after a bunch of JUCO and D-2 D-1 Transfers,  Partially depends on when they are graduating.   Also depends on the number of scholarships availabel.  21 is higher than I usually see.   May also depend on how many of the 1/2 scholarships we can give, NY S kids, based on family income can get free tuition.  Some may be waiting to see if they can get a full scholarship from another school.  PLUS a lot of kids are just now entering the transfer portal, every day there are more.   Also likley has to do with the record of course.   

Of course Stony Brook signed more and their record was worse than ours I think.

Edited by HOF2013

Aidin Rhodes @RhodesAidin, Fort Bend Christian Academy, Sugar Land, TX, G / T, 6' 3.5"  275 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14477858/633a12c7bed6e5065cb15514
#AGTG I am extremely blessed and excited to receive an opportunity to  play at the University of Albany! Go Great Danes! 
@CoachJambrose

Comitted to Texas State

Edited by HOF2013

Hope this helps a little - I think is it accurate - let me know if I messed up some where  - BTW, commitments are different - they can be withdrawn  

Signing period - Division I (Midyear JC Transfer)    December 21, 2022           through January 15, 2023

Signing period - Division I  (Regular Period) February 1, 2023 through  April 1, 2023

Quiet period: The quiet period is a time you can talk to college coaches in-person on their college campus. However, the coach is not allowed to watch athletes compete in-person, visit their school, talk to them at their home—or talk to them anywhere outside of the college campus.

Quiet periods  

• The seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term.
  • Jan. 29, 2023
  • Feb. 4 – Apr. 14, 2023
Edited by HOF2013

Michel Lucien @M3Lucien  Monroe C C,  6' 2" 235lbs.  Mike o/ Will  LB,  JUCO all-American Been Waiting on this one.  Another stud!  He step right in when Misler Played     https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8260078/633305a4dfd9bf096070bb88   

Edited by HOF2013

Dillon Dunathan @Dillon_Dunathan, 6’2-220lbs; All-State two years   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10166145/638e69ec4ba888084c0bb9b8   Thank you  @BillNesselt_UA and  @CoachGGattuso for making the trip to Damascus for a home visit & giving me an official offer. Was so great to meet you both and can not wait to visit campus this weekend!  @ddunathan

watch his video - this kid is a studd!

Signed with U Albany

Edited by HOF2013

Premier Wynn, Pennsauken High School  CB, WR Height & Weight: 5'10" 145lbs https://www.hudl.com/profile/14862577/Premier-Wynn, Honored to receive a (PWO) from Ualbany  
@KashifMoore

I do not understand this one....even though it is a Preferred Walk On Offer...

Signed with Norfolk State

Edited by HOF2013

51 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Premier Wynn, Pennsauken High School  CB, WR Height & Weight: 5'10" 145lbs https://www.hudl.com/profile/14862577/Premier-Wynn, Honored to receive a (PWO) from Ualbany  
@KashifMoore

I do not understand this one....even though it is a Preferred Walk On Offer...

Why don't you understand it?  Seems fine to me as a PWO. 

7 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Why don't you understand it?  Seems fine to me as a PWO. 

Just my opinion. He is really a small kid. 5' 10" 145 lbs... Not really that much faster than most kids who are DB  Most are around 4.5 or so 40. He's at 4.47.  They have been going after and signing guys over 6' this year.  Seems like a step back from who they have been recruiting.  Hey, if he comes he could prove me wrong.

Edited by HOF2013

Sean Dugery @SeanDugery72 Glen Mills, Pa, OG,OC,OT, 6’4" 290 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12850743/63724458a676c70a7c155718  After a great visit and conversation with 
@CoachDavila @CoachJambrose @CoachAlsadek  I’m blessed to say I have received a Full D1 offer from  @UAlbanyFootball

Signed with U Albany

Edited by HOF2013