UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The UAlbany football team has added Tairi Ketner, who played the last two seasons for the basketball team. Ketner, listed at 6-6, 250, joined as a tight end but has been switched to defensive line. "He's got talent," Greg Gattuso said. "We'll see how he does when the pads go on."
  • Like 1

Nick Haynes @Nick_haynes80, 6’2 200lbs SS/Nickel @ Snow College . Offered by U Albany   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9850996/63273920b023d3053cc28a41

Committed to Central Connecticut

Edited by HOF2013

On 3/27/2023 at 8:45 PM, UA1882 said:

He has no business playing D1 basketball . Hopefully switches sports and it opens up another scholarship.  

He did, switched to Football. As the above post says

6 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

He did, switched to Football. As the above post says

Yes but does it say that he "gave up" basketball . Hopefully he does not try to play 2 sports . That's all I was saying.  Hopefully he completely switches sports to football. 

4 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Yes but does it say that he "gave up" basketball . Hopefully he does not try to play 2 sports . That's all I was saying.  Hopefully he completely switches sports to football. 

Didn't think of that BUT I doubt it.   Seasons overlap for one thing.

It’s actually easier for a kid like Ketner to play both sports.  He’s a role player, at best, for hoops.  He knows the system.   He isn’t expected to provide an impact.  If they want to keep him in scholly, I bet he’s listed in basketball as well.  

Pretty sure NO BASKETBALL.Ketner been in DK's dog house for most of AmEast schedule. If he could not earn time in league play with a team that lacked BIGS [in fact lacked pretty much everything}, doubt highly that DK will waste a scholie on him for 23-24. Pretty sure DK came to the realization Ketner NOT a basketball player. 

DK on the HOT Seat for numerous reason, DO NOT think he will take a chance with Ketner again.

Edited by dslyank

14 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Pretty sure NO BASKETBALL.Ketner been in DK's dog house for most of AmEast schedule. If he could not earn time in league play with a team that lacked BIGS [in fact lacked pretty much everything}, doubt highly that DK will waste a scholie on him for 23-24. Pretty sure DK came to the realization Ketner NOT a basketball player. 

DK on the HOT Seat for numerous reason, DO NOT think he will take a chance with Ketner again.

I am of the opinion that Ketner received an unfavorable performance report from Killings after the season ended.  Additionally, I wonder if Ketner movement to the football team represents a work-out deal to avoid a grievance filing.  I have seen or heard nothing to suggest this however....worth pondering.

Folks, Killings and Ketner are basically family.  He’s not going to make Ketner pay for college, if he can.  The last scholarship on a team isn’t making a difference.   If he is no longer on the basketball team, something was worked out.  

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Folks, Killings and Ketner are basically family.  He’s not going to make Ketner pay for college, if he can.  The last scholarship on a team isn’t making a difference.   If he is no longer on the basketball team, something was worked out.  

They might be "basically family" but it's not family.  Killings is making over 400K to be a D1 basketball coach.  If he fails miserably he may never ever get another shot. If that means letting him go and open up a scholarship to be more successful and ensure his "own families" prosperity,  I bet he does . 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 8:53 AM, Dane96 said:

It’s actually easier for a kid like Ketner to play both sports.  He’s a role player, at best, for hoops.  He knows the system.   He isn’t expected to provide an impact.  If they want to keep him in scholly, I bet he’s listed in basketball as well.  

Didn't think of that, so maybe.  Football requires LOTS of out of season weight training too.  Some interesting comments from others.  I do not follow basketball closely so don't have a lot of insight into any of that.

Edited by HOF2013

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of new guys are on the spring roster

Chad Parker, 6' 3", 248 Lbs  a TE from Victor, NY who transferred from Dodge City CC - looks bigger

Of course Tairi Ketner, #89 TE 6' 6", 250 Lbs. from the Basketball team

Russel Dietz, Long Snapper 5' 10" 220 Lbs, from Islip, transferred from Springfield College

Ori Jean-Charles Linebacker 6' 1" 230, from Spring Valley, Transfer from Maine

Been to several practices. Team looks good.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1

Mike Coleman, Flexo @MPCLL, from Pittsburgh,  CB at U of Toledo, Trans Portal,  University of @UAlbanyFootballoffered!!! @DWalls2ND

Committed to U Albany

Edited by HOF2013

Jayden Holmes-Cotter @HolmesCotter TE / DE , 6' 6", 225, 4.9 40,  Apr 18  #Committed    @UAlbanyfooImagetball, https://www.hudl.com/profile/18035766/Jayden-HolmesCotter  

Edited by HOF2013