UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Trey Lindsey @treylindz  QB at Auburn University, 6' 1"  200 Lbs. grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5606195/trey-lindsey

Lindsey.jpg?width=2000

Edited by HOF2013

Winston Daesean,  "TD" @WinstonDaesean from Edgewood, MD, Temple U. Grad Transfer Safety,  6' 2", 205 lbs.  Hudl tape not showing, https://twitter.com/WinstonDaesean/status/1597323024663207937/video/1

Winston.jpg?width=2000

Edited by HOF2013

Looks like 19 signed over-all so far, several D and O lineman and a couple of stud LB's, couple of DB's and WR's and QB's.   I expect there may be a couple more along the way.   
8 Transfers [what happened to the other running back who committed?]
11 Freshman

Leo Tallarico @LeoTallarico_LS  CBA Syracuse Long Snapper https://vimeo.com/679819847/352e9c4af0
Blessed to receive a D1 Scholarship offer to play at UAlbany! Big thanks to the coaching staff for a great official visit weekend! Especially honored because it’s where my Dad played

11 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Leo Tallarico @LeoTallarico_LS  CBA Syracuse Long Snapper https://vimeo.com/679819847/352e9c4af0
Blessed to receive a D1 Scholarship offer to play at UAlbany! Big thanks to the coaching staff for a great official visit weekend! Especially honored because it’s where my Dad played

His dad was a good dude.  

• Like 1

On paper it looks really good. They upgraded the weak spots on D with the transfer portal. The kid from Richmond and the kid from Temple are day 1 starters IMHO. The rb from Bentley should see time as well. As I stated in an earlier post the kid from Auburn has to be a really good athlete so I assume they will find a home for him as well as being Poff's back up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

On paper it looks really good. They upgraded the weak spots on D with the transfer portal. The kid from Richmond and the kid from Temple are day 1 starters IMHO. The rb from Bentley should see time as well. As I stated in an earlier post the kid from Auburn has to be a really good athlete so I assume they will find a home for him as well as being Poff's back up. 

And we got some big, heavy hitting linebackers. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Jackson Ambush is graduating and entered the transfer portal today!!!!

I wish him well but I don’t understand the move.  He’s a 5’11 middle linebacker - he might get a shot at a higher level but it doesn’t seem likely. Even if he does go to a higher level, will he get much playing time?  Dan Damico was an all CAA middle linebacker before he transferred to Villanova and I don’t think he played much this year.  The year before, Levi Metheny transferred to Murray State and didn’t do much.

Also interesting that he’d transfer now - 2 weeks into the spring semester.  You’d think he’d transfer so he could be at a new school now instead of waiting to the summer.

We need more size up the middle and the transfer LB is bigger so maybe he’ll move to the middle - I think he was a weak side LB at Juco.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, reeder said:

I wish him well but I don’t understand the move.  He’s a 5’11 middle linebacker - he might get a shot at a higher level but it doesn’t seem likely. Even if he does go to a higher level, will he get much playing time?  Dan Damico was an all CAA middle linebacker before he transferred to Villanova and I don’t think he played much this year.  The year before, Levi Metheny transferred to Murray State and didn’t do much.

Also interesting that he’d transfer now - 2 weeks into the spring semester.  You’d think he’d transfer so he could be at a new school now instead of waiting to the summer.

We need more size up the middle and the transfer LB is bigger so maybe he’ll move to the middle - I think he was a weak side LB at Juco.

The transfer LB was a Will/Mike LB just like Misler - we use to call them a Rover back; AND was a JUCO All-American.  I've watched him on Video- he is good.  I do not understand the Ambush move eitehr.  He gained weight and was not as quick as he had been, just like Damico.  Maybe he saw the couple of LB' coming in were good.  No idea.  Also he is graduating.  This was discussed in the past.  After Covid and the extra year of eligibility some kids think they need a change.  MOST have gone down a level.  I guess we'll all see if it was a good move or not.  Maybe he has talked to other schools....

Edited by HOF2013

Anthony Dimiglio @hvccfootball  6’ 4",  325 Ib OLB/DE/TE   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10128163/636c4631a681270968abb14a
After a great call with  @CoachDavila, I am blessed to receive an opportunity to play at the university of Albany

Missed this one from January.  

Edited by HOF2013

• 4 weeks later...