UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 6 / Conference Game 1 Mar 18 (Sat) 12:00 PM Albany, N.Y. Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

I likely can not attend, at least the 1st half.  May not be worth driving down for 2nd half.  Have to get it on the Computer - with no sound.   Have several appointments tomorrow that cam up.....

I certainly hope we play well.  Should note taking anything lightly or for granted.....

I was busy. Watched pretty much the whole game. They really looked like the Dane Train for a while. Really good ball movement and not a lot of silly errors. Maybe it was the competition or maybe they are coming together. I like Gash, but the guy has to learn to dial it back sometimes. Owned the face offs. 

OK, I'll make a few comments about yesterday's game; even though you are absolutely correct "indifference" seems to prevail. Though, we all know that indifference is NOT limited to lacrosse. No need to restate Benson's failures extends to ALL SPORTS. Teams that dominated the AmEast are not even play-off consideration, etc etc blah blah😂.

So anyhow, back to yesterdays game:  UA played well in all aspects. Granted UmassL is pretty bad, but NOT as bad as many may think. They are young and very quick and their quickness did give UA some issues at first. But surprise what GOOD in game coaching can do; a couple switches were made on defense and UA was off and running.

The offense shot much better than previous games and did have more movement & passing which DID result in a good % of the goals being assisted. Silas besides his four goals, had an assist and Hogg had his first two assists of the season. Pfeiffer got quite a few minutes and Kesselring [who I mentioned seemed to be getting pushed around a lot] did not play at all [injured??] Salit got the start at attack and played well, even though the no goals, he did get two assist and in watching the replay, it seemed he was all over the field in constant motion, which I think helped in ways not often seen in the stats. Two way middies Decker and especially Moran [who the commentators on the replay also called out] played extremely well. Reminded me of some of our excellent two ways of old {maybe not as quick?};  Both can score and Moran very tough on defense.

Speaking of Defense, got to disagree with the statement that Gash needs to dial it back a bit. I will agree that I did comment to my friend at the game, Gash could be going for the all time penalty record🙄. Of course, penalties can and often are costly; but IMHO Gash's play and toughness seems to have inspired and is reflected in the UA Defense overall. Being honest, last year I did not think Gash had a very good season. This year he seems to be a MAN on a mission and the entire D seems to have picked up on it. Yesterday, he got penalized and righty so for hammering a much smaller player 3 times. It was almost like he was saying, you may be quicker than me, but you are NOT going to get threw me no matter what; or I have a job to do and knocking you silly goes with the job. Right now, the whole team especially the D, seem to following his lead. Can too much toughness/roughness cost for sure; but I for one hope the whole team BRINGS IT next week vs VT, when the real test begins. 

In America East action:

Saturday, March 18, 2023 Men's Lacrosse
  Away Home Result Location Links

NJITNJIT10

Final
Newark, NJ (Conf.) Box Score Full Game Archive

UMBCUMBC13
BryantBryant17

Final
Smithfield, RI (Conf.) Box Score

Final
Albany, NY (Conf.) Box Score Full Game Archive

Final
North Andover, MA (Conf.) Box Score

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

OK, I'll make a few comments about yesterday's game; even though you are absolutely correct "indifference" seems to prevail. Though, we all know that indifference is NOT limited to lacrosse. No need to restate Benson's failures extends to ALL SPORTS. Teams that dominated the AmEast are not even play-off consideration, etc etc blah blah😂.

So anyhow, back to yesterdays game:  UA played well in all aspects. Granted UmassL is pretty bad, but NOT as bad as many may think. They are young and very quick and their quickness did give UA some issues at first. But surprise what GOOD in game coaching can do; a couple switches were made on defense and UA was off and running.

The offense shot much better than previous games and did have more movement & passing which DID result in a good % of the goals being assisted. Silas besides his four goals, had an assist and Hogg had his first two assists of the season. Pfeiffer got quite a few minutes and Kesselring [who I mentioned seemed to be getting pushed around a lot] did not play at all [injured??] Salit got the start at attack and played well, even though the no goals, he did get two assist and in watching the replay, it seemed he was all over the field in constant motion, which I think helped in ways not often seen in the stats. Two way middies Decker and especially Moran [who the commentators on the replay also called out] played extremely well. Reminded me of some of our excellent two ways of old {maybe not as quick?};  Both can score and Moran very tough on defense.

Speaking of Defense, got to disagree with the statement that Gash needs to dial it back a bit. I will agree that I did comment to my friend at the game, Gash could be going for the all time penalty record🙄. Of course, penalties can and often are costly; but IMHO Gash's play and toughness seems to have inspired and is reflected in the UA Defense overall. Being honest, last year I did not think Gash had a very good season. This year he seems to be a MAN on a mission and the entire D seems to have picked up on it. Yesterday, he got penalized and righty so for hammering a much smaller player 3 times. It was almost like he was saying, you may be quicker than me, but you are NOT going to get threw me no matter what; or I have a job to do and knocking you silly goes with the job. Right now, the whole team especially the D, seem to following his lead. Can too much toughness/roughness cost for sure; but I for one hope the whole team BRINGS IT next week vs VT, when the real test begins. 

Valid point. I think the overall aggressive play by Gash is good and can inspire others. On the other hand, he might go a bit too far at times…it’s a fine line. What most impressed me was the ball movement. 

• Like 1