UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, 2024 Spring Schedule, Post-Season Awards and Things of Note

17 hours ago, dslyank said:

Are these additions to this years team? Or recruits for 2024-25 season? I don’t get instagram & your post don’t provide any details besides names??

These are high school lacrosse players, based on what I learn, most will join the team in the autumn of 2024, and one will join the team autumn of 2025, and he may be the best prospect of the group.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 10:50 AM, cwdickens said:

Looks like a season opener in Syracuse with a spring trip to UVA.....

Working out of the Greyed Danes Palm Beach satellite office for the next three months. It was supposed to be four months but gotta be back in Upstate NY for the season opener in February (there’s something I bet no one else has ever said).

Also, looks like I’ll be planning a road trip to Charlottesville in the Spring…

Make it a good one.

Virginia schedule is out. Danes at Virginia  Tuesday March 19

• Thanks 1

• cwdickens changed the title to 2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, Practice, New Signings and Potential Rule Changes
1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Anyone know when the schedule will be out. Past years deadline to renew season tickets was around Christmas. [last year my renewal invoice was 12/19.] Seems to me always had the schedule a month or so before before the renewal deadline and before general sale open to the public???????

Despite the efforts of a couple of people close to the program, Scott Marr is maintaining his status as being one of the last D1 coaches to release his team's schedule.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Despite the efforts of a couple of people close to the program, Scott Marr is maintaining his status as being one of the last D1 coaches to release his team's schedule.

Coach Marr said schedule  is done. I dont know when it will be released.  Almost all of it is on other teams websites. I didn't see njit or umass lowell schedule on line yet

They were supposedly trying to work out a home/away equal schedule; instead of every other year being heavily one way or the other. Looks like NOT. 

Technically we will still owe Penn another trip there, and with Merrimack leaving AmEast; 2025 going to be even more difficult to fix this unbalanced schedule we've had for some years now??

Edited by dslyank

Out of Conference matches identified:

• Colgate (H) 02-17-2024
  • Penn (A) 02-20-2024
  • Drexal (A) 02-24-2024
  • UMass-Amherst (A) 03-02-2024
  • Hobart (H) 03-09-2024
  • Virginia (A) 03-19-2024
  • Yale (A) 04-20-2024 *

* Tentative (see bob87 comment below)

Home Conference matches:

• Vermont
  • Bryant
  • Binghamton

The Great Danes will not play Cornell as part of the Out of Conference and the Syracuse, Yale and Maryland schedules are not available at this time however based on reports, we will not play these teams as part of the out of conference schedule.

Edited by cwdickens
update

9 hours ago, bob87 said:

Yale schedule is on their site. Their schedule has the same date as Merrimack.  Expect that to end up as friday/ Sunday weekend similar to previous seasons 

Based on this, UAlbany can expect 2 out of conference home matches and 3 conference home matches in 2024.  Dslyank's concerns about the schedule imbalance is valid.

Edited by cwdickens
grammer

• cwdickens changed the title to 2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, Practice, New Signings, Potential Rule Changes and Spring Schedule