UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 3/OOC Game 3 @ Drexal Dragons Vidas Field, Philadelphia, PA Saturday, February 24, 2024 12:00 PM

The video was sent to head of NCAA officials & UA was told that the wrong call was made. It was a reviewable play but as we noted only certain conferences have the review ability this year ( which is crazy ) it will be mandatory for all to have for 2025 season. Scott said that today and as frustrating as it was they are on to UMASS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

The CAA has review capacity for football; why not lacrosse? Is it because Drexel does not offer football? Still think the CAA is a bush league.

ps the AmEast does not offer football, but has review capabilities for lacrosse. 

2 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

UAlbany has no video review opportunity in the America East for lax this season as it was only recommended and required for next year. So even if that same play happened at Casey nothing could have been done, it’s ridiculous 

As this was a non-conference game, whether or not the CAA Lacrosse has review opportunity, I do not think CAA Lacrosse is going to meddle in a non-conference game which a play review will not benefit a member school.  

Casey has review capabilities for CAA football. Does the CAA bring their own equipment??

Also, pretty sure saw reviews at AmEast tournament @ Vermont the last couple of years?

And I don’t watch/follow PLL but I would think they don’t bring their own review equipment to Casey?

My understanding is that for the 2024 season, the decision was made on a conference by conference basis and only the ACC and B1G opted to have review.  The AE and everyone else opted not to have review, primarily because a lot of schools don't currently have the minimum number of cameras required.  Everyone will be required to have the cameras and facilities for review in 2025.

On another subject, I hope the AE does not abandon ESPN+ for Lacrosse TV.  IMO,  Lacrosse TV coverage was awful; even worse than when UAlbany only had a camera and no audio.

• Like 1