UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont vs. Siena

it may be a bit early in the season to know what level of talent/execution the UA men really have, but I am watching the vermont vs. siena game, and I do not believe that we will be major "dogs" in either of these matchups down the road ... certainly early ... but, "early," I like our chances head to head with both

Talked to a Siena fan at work and she said she is annoyed that Patsos isn't adjusting his game to the new rules. She said that she is tired of him teaching them to a way of play that causes them to be in foul trouble all the time -- or not teaching them at all so that they don't know how to defend w/o fouling. Same issue she said they had last year and the first two games of the season they have fouling out issues. Will be interesting to see if they are physical with us and how the refs call it.

Two Siena games, two Technical fouls.. this one was on a player. How you you blame the kids when the coach gets T's every game.. kids are going to think it's absolutely fine to talk back etc.

Can't wait to see what the two Siena fans on the TU blog say is the reason they lost to an low mid major AE team is...

Ahh, the entertainment.

Talked to a Siena fan at work and she said she is annoyed that Patsos isn't adjusting his game to the new rules. She said that she is tired of him teaching them to a way of play that causes them to be in foul trouble all the time -- or not teaching them at all so that they don't know how to defend w/o fouling. Same issue she said they had last year and the first two games of the season they have fouling out issues. Will be interesting to see if they are physical with us and how the refs call it.

Two Siena games, two Technical fouls.. this one was on a player. How you you blame the kids when the coach gets T's every game.. kids are going to think it's absolutely fine to talk back etc.

Can't wait to see what the two Siena fans on the TU blog say is the reason they lost to an low mid major AE team is...

Ahh, the entertainment.

I watched the game today closely... Siena is slow, they were getting killed by Vermont guards off the dribble all nigh exposing their bigs. Really a horrid effort out of them. Wait till Singletary and hooley get their crack at them.

I just got back from the game (scouting the competition.)

For Siena, Hymes is still as big of a liability as ever, Poole methodically put up 20, and it seemed like there was a great reluctance to shoot by the Siena players.

For Vermont, Ernie Duncan looked like the best player on the court, and he was running the offense with a confidence that belied his inexperience, and then he got into a hatred collision near the sideline and was taken out of the game with an injury. Odd thing I noticed was that while out of the game he stood right outside the corner of the court the entire time...I don't think I have seen that before. Also, when the fourth Catamount fouled out he tried to run to the scorer's table but he was restrained by the bench. The kid is a ferocious competitor with a great skill set... It will be interesting to watch him come conference play.

Other than that, Vermont just played smart, organized ball.

Siena is garbage... Holy smokes. This is what all the hype was about? Can't wait for hooley and Singletary to take a run at that backcourt...

Excellent win for UVM... Congrats to our AE brethren..

Hooley & Singletary will eat them alive... PLEASE lay another AE a$$whippin on them...I so wish Duncan was able to go tonight - assist total would've been staggering .