UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

15 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

US Lax Magazine has us as #6 overall facing Villanova...so all over the place

I like that match up, but a 6th seed would be unfair. Laxfilmroom has a less than 1% chance of a 6th seed and most likely seeded 3rd. There are a lot of dangerous teams so unless you get 1st or 2nd in reality I am not sure it matters other than hosting a game at home.

10 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

US Lax Magazine has us as #6 overall facing Villanova...so all over the place

Had us as the 5 seed yesterday before we thrashed a Top 20 RPI team. Maryland's 3 goal loss to Hopkins doesn't move them off the 1 seed, but that single Hopkins win shoots them all the way up from the 7 seed to the 2 seed. Seems pretty ridiculous.

Pending today's game..we have the #2 RPI..with a road win over the #1 RPI team..and another road win over Top 10 RPI Syracuse in dominating fashion. 5 total top 20 RPI wins against just one loss..on the road against the #3 RPI team. 

The 4 or 5 seed should really be the floor..with a ceiling of probably 2. But the team regularly gets jobbed in Tournament seeding..so who knows.

• Like 1

I think we will be a 4 seed so if favorites continue to win, the top 4 seeds make it to Memorial Day weekend and avoid rematches with Yale and Maryland till then.   Not sure if Duke or Hopkins gets the other top 4 seed.  NCAA loves Hopkins every year.   

It doesn't really seem like the Yale/Cornell game makes much of a difference for us. A Cornell win would likely bump them up to the Top 10 in the RPI..making us 3-1 against the Top 10..with 2 of them on the road. But a Yale loss would likely move them out of the Top 5..giving us just one Top 5 games.

EDIT: Maybe a Yale loss makes it a bit easier to put us ahead of them in the seeding? 

Edited by Phoenix

18 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/men/bracketology-update-bucknell-in-penn-out-as-of-saturday-morning

Before today's Games when Albany blows out VT, Denver Loses, U MASS wins, Robert Morris wins, Cornell wins yesterday, 

According to this we are ranked higher than some of you are saying.  We'll see I guess.

21 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Had us as the 5 seed yesterday before we thrashed a Top 20 RPI team. Maryland's 3 goal loss to Hopkins doesn't move them off the 1 seed, but that single Hopkins win shoots them all the way up from the 7 seed to the 2 seed. Seems pretty ridiculous.

Pending today's game..we have the #2 RPI..with a road win over the #1 RPI team..and another road win over Top 10 RPI Syracuse in dominating fashion. 5 total top 20 RPI wins against just one loss..on the road against the #3 RPI team. 

The 4 or 5 seed should really be the floor..with a ceiling of probably 2. But the team regularly gets jobbed in Tournament seeding..so who knows.

100% agree

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

That's from yesterday. Their update this morning moves us down to the 6 seed.

Yes I know BEFORE yesterday's games.   How the hell could we move down????  

4 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Yale vs Cornell looks like a factor in particular if Cornell wins...see a possible UMASS Amherst vs Albany match

Actually..looks like I could've just checked out what @LaxFilmRoom is doing right now. He has a Cornell win (and Duke over Boston) giving us a 57% chance of grabbing at least a 2 seed. So..go Big Red!

Just now, Phoenix said:

Because they moved Hopkins up to the 2 seed..shifting just about everyone down. Why? You got me.

I do not understand the love of Hopkins and the constant hate they show Am East and Albany!!!!!