UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

May cost Denver the NCAA Tourney - they have 3 losses I think - two against ACC and won a couple by 1 goal, barely beat Towson, Georgetown and Marquette.

Maybe. Denver seems to fare pretty well with the committee at least they have in the past.

30 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Maybe. Denver seems to fare pretty well with the committee at least they have in the past.

Yea I know, hopeful wishing on my part.  They are like the darling of Div 1 lax.  NCAA set them up and it's only been a few years.  Check out my previous post on the Bracket committee.

Edited by HOF2013

Drained doesn't sound good.  Never mentioned draining before so injury has made a turn for the worse?  Not an orthopedist so not sure if draining will relieve pain.  Crap shoot if he is effective next weekend.  Team played alot better today without him but most of praise goes to TD, the defense, and JD holding them to 4 goals.   Now we wait. All these brackets have us from a 2 seed to a 5.  I think Bucknell, Rutgers,  Robert Morris, or Georgetown  could be a matchup and I like our chances with anyone of those as they all have some kind of issue. Wait for 9pm tomorrow!

Maybe one of you laxperts can answer a question for me. Did Vermont ever switch out of a zone D? Do I assume that any time they sit back off the attack that they are in a zone? We’ve all seen that the teams that give Albany the most trouble are the ones where the D is very aggressive and in the shooter’s face. So it’s sort of shocking to me that they let us run and pass so freely, unless they don’t t have the defensive horses to compete and felt their best chance was to go pure zone. I know we have had trouble with the zone in the past when they pack the middle, but maybe they figured it out?

Not sure but we HAVE had a lot of trouble with the zone.  That is basically a High School defense.  I do not understand the trouble though.  Just put someone up top as they did and send guys through the zone.  Not really that hard.  I personally think it is / was more a psychological issue.  Not having Connor, one of the top if not the top assist man in the country, in there making those passes to break it makes is tougher than it is.  Just my two cents.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

My two cents is that for whatever reason this year the relative struggle in man up is directly related to our problem busting zones since you are basically going up against the same defensive scheme. 

Sean Eccles is our primary zone buster, but the best play we ran all day I thought against the zone was the dodge ( I think from Patterson) which caused the defense to rotate and Tehoka slipped into the void created from the slide and buried the shot.

Our 2nd line middies, Wolf, Eagan, and when Diamond is playing the 4th attack/mid, and Taylor played some yesterday are not classic time and room outside shooters and I don't think we have the classic split dodging middie who can create his own shot that way which is why I think we struggle against a zone.

Kyle is more of a sweeper on the outside shot, but against a zone Sean, and the Burgmasters are the guys who can beat a zone if they get their hands free.

• Like 1

I think they need to STOP  shooting so much from the outside.  I think they are making it too difficult on our O doing that [same for the man up - gotta shoot from closer to the goal],  some shots from the outside make it through but many do not. Just put one or two guys on top and then run through the zone and pass the ball, MOVE - easy.  Force the issue.  That is what they were doing in the first Q and that is what they finally started doing in the 4th again.  

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

I agree with you. Our best pure outside shooter is Eccles by far, but he usually requires space to shoot. Of the Burgmaster's I think Alex is the better pure shooter of the two, and other than that we really don't have a guy who can create his own shot and stick at 12-15 yarder. If this team can develop or recruit a guy like Colton Jackson from Denver who is a threat to alley dodge and shoot with either hand Albany would be undefenseable. 

If that skill set is on the team he is on the bench somewhere.

So Quint Kessenich tweets his bracketology this morning...

Has Yale as #1 overall and UA #2 overall playing UMass. Has us ahead of Maryland at #3. Considering Yale beat UA and UA beat Maryland, I think it's reasonable.