UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11: 12/15/18 - 3PM vs Dartmouth

Eli

11 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

It does. But do u think De Souse wants to play more? Do u think any other player on the bench wants to play more ? Do u care what they want.  

I think it's the coaches decision unless flory is absolutely against it. Coach and glory need to come together.  There is no reason to play this year. 

I strongly disagree... You don't toss the rest of the season away with 20 games to go... If flory can help get him in there... It's December, 6 weeks into the season and not mid February. Really don't get your take at all on flory... At all... 

As for what de Sousa wants... Not for nothing but right now he hasn't been able to do anything with opportunity afforded to him. They should continue to give him minutes but they need to do what's best for the team and not de Sousa in a vacuum. Bring him along as he is part of the core/future but it's not like they are inserting flory over de Sousa who's playing well. As for what other players may want... What exactly has Miller or Brooks done with the time they got? Zip... So your solution is let's not play a kid from a higher rated league because it may hurt someone's feelings? 

Bro... Check yourself. 

Edited by Clickclack

37 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

It is already a bleak house.... 

• BU: 2579
  • Oneonta: 1659
  • Holy Cross: 1614
  • Monmouth: 1902
  • Dartmouth: 1740

Average Home Attendance by Season:

• 18-19 through 5: 1899
  • 17-18: 2474
  • 16-17: 2654
  • 15-16: 3161
  • 14-15: 3390
  • 13-14: 2656
  • 12-13: 2904
  • 11-12: 2480
  • 10-11: 2163
  • 09-10: 2646
  • 08-09: 2826
  • 07-08: 3031
  • 06-07: 3175
  • 05-06: 2541
  • 04-05: 2040
  • 03-04: 1193
  • 02-03: 1803
  • 01-02: 1516
  • 00-01: 2251

On pace to average below 2000 per game for the first time since the 2003-2004 season, and it looks like they have a shot to move into 3rd worst attendance attendance in the D1 era. 

Mark Benson and the Athletic Department have taken a lot of heat on this board because of the stuff going on in Casey Stadium and the football team, but this is really, really sad so far this season. I know it has been brought up a bunch of times on the board that the increased prices for tickets and parking are really hurting the attendance, but I am still have a hard time believe that is making that much of a difference. $10 bucks is keeping people away? I know they had a promotion for $3 tickets for this game. Going cheap didn't seem to help. FYI: Benson was hired before the start of the 14-15 season....

Benson has lost his mind and prices out many fans. May be the worst ad in the history of this university. 

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I strongly disagree... You don't toss the rest of the season away with 20 games to go... If flory can help get him in there... It's December, 6 weeks into the season and not mid February. Really don't get your take at all on flory... At all... 

As for what de Sousa wants... Not for nothing but right now he hasn't been able to do anything with opportunity afforded to him. They should continue to give him minutes but they need to do what's best for the team and not de Sousa in a vacuum. Bring him along as he is part of the core/future but it's not like they are inserting flory over de Sousa who's playing well. As for what other players may want... What exactly has Miller or Brooks done with the time they got? Zip... So your solution is let's not play a kid from a higher rated league because it may hurt someone's feelings? 

Bro... Check yourself. 

I didn't say that at all. U asked how Flory felt. I just said how do u think the others feel. That's all.  U took that way way way over the edge.  I dont think they should play either but that's up to the coach. What Flory does is up to the coach! (With florys input I'm sure ) That's all I'm saying. My point is this and only this : I personally dont think Flory alone, coming back after injury, is going to make a huge difference. Again I hope I'm wrong.  I just said redshirt him, keep giving the minutes to the freshman to keep developing them. 

I think Flory can be very very good. (From what I heard) . We are probably , like 1 to 3 percent, going to the ncaa tournament this year, so Y waste a year of eligabilty( u only get 4) . Coach would need to Make him understand that.  Again If u disagree I completely understand, but I dont think it warrants a check yourself response. 

Edited by UA1882

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Everyone includes us!

Just a little reemphasizing... cause we look like horse $iena.  

Say what we want about Benson, but bottom line, Brown's team sucks.  Who knows what would have happened if he could have kept his team together at the end of last year. 

Nobody wants to attend games when we play like $iena.  Continue on like we have been, and sefcu is going to be a ghost town. 

3 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Just a little reemphasizing... cause we look like horse $iena.  

Say what we want about Benson, but bottom line, Brown's team sucks.  Who knows what would have happened if he could have kept his team together at the end of last year. 

Nobody wants to attend games when we play like $iena.  Continue on like we have been, and sefcu is going to be a ghost town. 

Guy had close to a half a decade of 20+ win teams...attendance in steady decline since Benson and his "policies" got here...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Average Home Attendance by Season:

• 18-19 through 5: 1899
  • 17-18: 2474
  • 16-17: 2654
  • 15-16: 3161
  • 14-15: 3390
  • 13-14: 2656
  • 12-13: 2904
  • 11-12: 2480
  • 10-11: 2163
  • 09-10: 2646
  • 08-09: 2826
  • 07-08: 3031
  • 06-07: 3175
  • 05-06: 2541
  • 04-05: 2040
  • 03-04: 1193
  • 02-03: 1803
  • 01-02: 1516
  • 00-01: 2251

Looks more like it fluctuates depending on the product on the court.  And the smAlbany mentality of upstate NY.

Benson doesn't need to be charging $3 for children, that's a blunder.  And he certainly doesn't need to be giving 5 year extensions to floundering coaches with less than a year to go in a long term contract.  

Edited by uofalbany

Hopefully I'm misreading between the lines but...lol @ anyone who suggests this down year is Brown's fault and even remotely hints at the school needing to look at Brown. The guy has EARNED a lifetime contract at UAlbany as far as I'm concerned. If t here is any coach we need to extend, it's Brown. We have a wealth of young talent and we'll be back to winning near 20 or more than 20 games possibly as early as next year.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Looks more like it fluctuates depending on the product on the court.  And the smAlbany mentality of upstate NY.

Benson doesn't need to be charging $3 for children, that's a blunder.  And he certainly doesn't need to be giving 5 year extensions to floundering coaches with less than a year to go in a long term contract.  

Attendance has been HALVED since he got here...that doesn't look to me like a simple downturn or smAlbany mentality. Even in years we were winning 20+ attendance was dropping. With a bad, rebuilding team the attendance has cratered. We've talked about this before, do EVERYTHING short of giving away free tickets to most fans, give free parking etc. and then slowly inch up prices...Benson has taken the opposite approach, price out all the casuals and gauge everyone else. The man has lost his mind! On track right now to be the worst AD in UA history. Started with the destruction of UA football, now that his work is done there; time to wreck the basketball program. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our attendance steadily dropped for 4 years, almost 5, after the consecutive championships in 06 and 07.  The decrease wasn't a result of ticket prices.  Now again, our attendance has dropped since our last championship.  This time, a combo of product on the court and ticket prices??   I think there will always be a fluctuation of attendance at UA.

Totally agree about the excessive ticket and parking prices.  No argument there.  

As for Eli, you are misreading between the lines.