UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #19: 1/19/19 - 1:00PM @ UMBC

Eli

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

While some of you are bashing Clark for making some poor decisions and pushing, I want to ask this: have any of you seen someone hustle harder than him in recent years? From steals, to rebounds, pushing 100%? 

From the eye test, he has been the spark plug of the team. I said it before: the team desperately needs someone else to step up and show his intensity.

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I have defended him all year because he is the only one that can constantly do anything off the dribble.  And I believe we still need him. 

However he was downright horrible yesterday.  Not sure a player can play much worse. No confidence at all. 

Failure to protect the ball and give up a breakaway layup yesterday was the dagger. Listen... I'll be the last person to claim being rational after a loss and can often be seen toting around a gascan and matches at game time be even a day after I shake my head. That's brutal... Gave away a win regardless of Ricky sinking a 3 to end it. That can't happen... But it did. 

But as others have said... It's who we brought to the dance so have to dance. By all accounts hes a good kid and tries hard most of the time. Yesterday still stings... He lost that game with failure to protect the ball there. He doesn't have a lot of help... Most notably with any other slashes or penetrators so he is forcing things quite a bit. But if people in their rush to defend him don't acknowledge that he does some things that aren't good then they are simply being dishonest. Doesn't mean everything he does is bad and maybe it will get better but in my opinion he is regressing as he presses more and more. Maybe he'd be different if he and Healey had some help back there and on the wings but they don't. Not right now... Im not advocating for him to be run off the team (once I'm rational) but remains to be seen of he can positively impact winning. Yesterday he didn't... It's OK to acknowledge it. This team isn't very good... It's the truth. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, UA1882 said:

A lot of reasons why we lost, Clark completely sucked, but let's here it for out SENIOR CAPTAIN, DEVONTE CAMPBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seniors who shot 75 percent from the line and have played the most games for us should never miss. 

Please someone tell me I'm wrong.  

Listen to yourself