UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10 hours ago, GDBD said:

Does anyone else remember the beloved equipment manager of the D-3 era... Benny Siegal - who used to bring out his megaphone and rile up the crows?    Gimme an A.. Gimme a L .. Gimme an A ..   Gimme a N... Gimme a Y..   What's that spell? "Albany   What's that spell?    "Albany"  What's that spell?     

"That's ALL BENNY!"  😄

Remember both Benny and Spud.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alum73 said:

Waiting for your check to clear!

My check clears, 3 times per year. Football, Basketball, Lacrosse.

Still wondering why it was NOT mentioned in the link that stated this thread. It WAS in a previous review--mentioned an 80 yard inside dome or something (many of us questioned why not make it 20 yds longer, could not be that much more in the scheme of things.) Anyhow, simply asking if this has been pulled or what is its status?????? 

Also, recently big announcement, bid donation mentioned.  WHAT'S UP with that. FAKE news/RUMOR???????

8 hours ago, dslyank said:

My check clears, 3 times per year. Football, Basketball, Lacrosse.

Still wondering why it was NOT mentioned in the link that stated this thread. It WAS in a previous review--mentioned an 80 yard inside dome or something (many of us questioned why not make it 20 yds longer, could not be that much more in the scheme of things.) Anyhow, simply asking if this has been pulled or what is its status?????? 

Also, recently big announcement, bid donation mentioned.  WHAT'S UP with that. FAKE news/RUMOR???????

Fake news?  All I know is what was whispered to me and then varified independently by someone else who did not know I had heard it from the first person.  I suppose it could be incorrect but................................

26 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Fake news?  All I know is what was whispered to me and then varified independently by someone else who did not know I had heard it from the first person.  I suppose it could be incorrect but................................

BUt what is it? won't you think of the children? how about a hint?

With every new build or renovation there was plenty of paperwork that was found online before an announcement was made.  Has anyone seen anything regarding costs or contracts being awarded? 

9 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

With every new build or renovation there was plenty of paperwork that was found online before an announcement was made.  Has anyone seen anything regarding costs or contracts being awarded? 

That is not entirely accurate-- I had come across designs that you now see for the PE building strength area about 4 years ago, and they were not easily accessible to the public.  

Per my understanding, they are considering a bubble vs. an actual field house.  Both require significant funding from private resources and the latter would serve more purposes than the former.  

BTW, what does the administration (of the entire university) need to do in order to get a massive donation out of Hamdi Ulukaya?  I understand that the company is very much employee owned however, he is the majority owner.  

Today, he saved Anchor Steam Brewing Company, including all of its buildings and ip assets, out in San Fran.  Anchor Steam has a special place in my heart-- i was offered to partake in a pitcher of it at he Lark Street Tavern as a 19 year old (shhh...yeah, should hot have been served) by a couple of the older guys I was friends with that bartended at Cafe Hollywood when that place was in its prime.  It was my first truly "craft" beer (I don't count Genesee Cream Ale) that was "adult" like. 

Back to the point, there is ZERO reason we don't have a Chobani Field House.  Heck, now that he is in the beer business, give him exclusive rights to beers in the stadium/arena....and Chobani Yogurt in the food halls/stores on campus.  That brings you at an annual, ongoing captive audience to market their wares. 

Get it done!!!

• Like 1

D96 thanks for clarifying I only have access to this board and Google searches.  

I agree with the Hamdi comment I remember reading some where he is also focused on Kurdish charities.

Edited by B9j2j6s
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

D96 thanks for clarifying I only have access to this board and Google searches.  

I agree with the Hamdi comment I remember reading some where he is also focused on Kurdish charities.

That is super interesting. I thought he was Turkish and not Kurdish. Would be a problem if he was Turkish and funding Kurdish charities, the government there would not be fond of such activities.   Good on him!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Was NOT doubting what you heard; just curious why field house/bubble/whatever is no where mentioned in the comprehensive projects reported on this blog???

13 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Chobani Field House.

Is this just a dream/speculation???  Some on this blog have been promoting this for years; does not mean he has any interest?? Now that he is trying to re-establish a failed brewery, in a highly competitive and perhaps overly crowed field may not, leave him resources or ambitions to build anything for/at UA??

On 6/3/2024 at 7:57 PM, Dane96 said:

That is not entirely accurate-- I had come across designs that you now see for the PE building strength area about 4 years ago, and they were not easily accessible to the public.  

Per my understanding, they are considering a bubble vs. an actual field house.  Both require significant funding from private resources and the latter would serve more purposes than the former.  

Benson has always wanted a field house based on what I heard.  Also as I said was wispered in my eay by pretty reliable sources.  juts sayin'.  No idea what that means.

• Like 1