UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Coach

At the UA vs. $iena women's soccer match last night I was told that the Women's Associate Head Basketball Coach (he was just promoted in July) is gone.

Has anyone heard this or is it another wild, outrageous rumor?

If he is gone did he get a Head job if so where?

The head coach is the boss and should be responsible! She is the one who went to get Coach Smith the Associate Head Coach title. Why would she do that if she didn't like him.

Trust me. IF you do your homework and know anybody in the athletic department ask them about the character that was just fired and what he did.

Some serious stuff from what I've heard! Everybody looks stupid over this one!!!!

DF2K3

You're so bright and know more than anyone else. Go to your solid contacts and let us know if.....

A lot of people in the department are stupid! Or just uninterested! That's what this board is for! Spreading rumors and starting trouble! - DF2K3

Are they rumors, is someone starting trouble or are they the truth?

Your the know it all expert get back to us with the "TRUTH"!!!!!

Patch - I'm gonna lob you a softball here. The Athletic Dept website on Women's basketball still shows the article trumpting the elevation of the Associate Head Coach, as well as listing his contact imformation. Of course, it also still has last year's roster, pictures and schedule. Patch, you're not the only one who's pet peeve is outdated information of the official website.

Now, let me raise a different question. Assuming the information Patch and Professor posted in this string to be true, is it a positive that AD McElroy takes swift action in firing people (including Beeten and now Smith) when he sees a problem, even though he had hired and/or promoted them a short time before; or is it a negative that he has hired and/or promoted such people in the first place causing the university to spend resources on contract buyouts? While, I don't know the specific problem in the Smith case, personally I like the fact that MCElroy takes swift and decisive action to correct these situations and doesn't try to ride them out because he hired them in the first place.

I really don't see that there's any information here. Just rumors about things we'll probably never know if they're true or not.

The only time I have second thoughts about hosting this board is that it provides a forum for people to anyomously discuss or allege charges about people's livelyhoods. It happened last year with Jon Mueller and I'm sorry that it did.

Alot of the posters here are Alumni, fomer players and students. I also suspect there are some university employees who post which, for the most part, is terrific. There's undoubtly some airing of dirty laundry which is not so great. In meeting with a few of the coaches some of them have been very supportive of what goes on here but a fair number thought alot of what's discussed here casts a poor light on UA. It's undoubtly threads like this that they are thinking of and I have to agree. As a proud alum and an obvious fan, the last thing I want to be doing is supporting a website that' a detrement to UAlbany.

DP

I just reported a "RUMOR" I heard at the UA vs, Siena Women's Soccer game and I didn't say the coach was fired in fact I asked if anyone knew if he took a Head Job somewhere!

DF2K3 opened his mouth with innuendo and arrogance

I have contacts but I don't always talk to them on a regular basis! They might not know! A lot of people in the department are stupid! Or just uninterested! That's what this board is for! Spreading rumors and starting trouble!

This board "SHOULD" be for asking questions and clarifying rumors when possible and not for starting trouble. Sooner or later the truth will come out.

I think McElroy reacts to situations well and swiftly especially if there is wrong doing involved. I don't know what happened in this case but I do know someone was promoted based on a Head Coaches request and with approval of the AD.

With McElroy it is probably "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!" and he doesn't like be made to look foolish.

So let me see if I have this straight? On Saturday morning Patch posts this:

At the UA vs. $iena women's soccer match last night I was told that the Women's Associate Head Basketball Coach (he was just promoted in July) is gone.

Has anyone heard this or is it another wild, outrageous rumor?

Then the professor responds with this

Heard he got canned! Don't know much else but I heard he did some things! Pretty funny since he was named Associate Head Coach in July. Somebody or more than one person looks really stupid!!!!!!

But somehow D2K3 is the one to blame in all this mess? Why isn't the professor responsbile for telling us what he knows? Oh that's right you two are probably sleeping together so let's attack the person who was obviously being sarcastic.

Does anyone else find it extremely odd that the professor has more inside information than most beat writers or booster club members have? I do. I mean how does he know Trina asked for Melvin's promotion? How did he suddenly know that Melvin got fired, when none of the newspapers nor athletic department has said a word? You would fire the media members who read this board would be all over getting the scoop. Plus, who in the athletic department would feed this guy information that was detrimental to the university? If its that serious of an issue, that Lee wants to "sweep it under the carpet" why would someone post allegations on a message board that fans, media and other teams look at?

Lastly, how come when something happens to the women's team the professor rips them a new one, but men's issues are swept under the rug. For example, why wasn't the Todd Martin transfer a bigger deal? Wasn't this kid a top get for us and wasn't he going to help us get wins? But then it was realized he wasn't that good, so when he left the issue was basically overlooked because hey we wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that another kid transferred from the program.

You want to spread rumors? Fine, but post the facts to back them up. Also, think before you post.

One last thing that puzzles me, I was at said soccer game friday, how come I didn't hear this rumor and why did it take you until Saturday morning to post the rumor? You posted at 8:06 p.m. on Friday about the game, but 13 hours later you recalled a rumor this big?

Oh that's right you two are probably sleeping together so let's attack the person who was obviously being sarcastic.

Oh Boy....I am so sorry, but I could not resist this one......Daneman, is that the CAULDRON calling the kettle black.

You defend D2k more than his mother.

DP

I just reported a "RUMOR" I heard at the UA vs, Siena Women's Soccer game and I didn't say the coach was fired in fact I asked if anyone knew if he took a Head Job somewhere!

Patch I wasn't picking anyone or any post out.

I was saying I had intended this to be a fan forum and it's become a kind of internal UA athletics grevience board. It's my board so it's my problem, I'm just sorry it's turned into this. It wasn't what I intended.

DP

This is an open board and you do a great job handling it. Every once in awhile topics will come up which are controversial.

In this case - someone evidently doesn't like when rumors are talked about. When I posted that I heard a coach left and I heard it from some one who works for the Athletic Department at UA ( not a Men's or Women's basketball coach). If we don't talk about the rumors we hear and wait for press releases and news stories we would hear almost nothing except what the administration wants us to hear. Check the website and see how far behind it is. What does the UA website tell us about our new players or even next years schedule? Schools in session take a look at the Men's Hoop site and go to "Meet the Team" - it's GREAT!!!! - isn't it, welcome to DI Athletics.

As for sleeping with the professor "I think not" - I have often criticized the professor for his overzealous attacks but I respect him for being knowledgeable and for some reason he knows alot about what's happening in Basketball at UA and in the entire AE and Northeast. He surely isn't liked very much because he is rude and extremely outspoken but if you cut through most of his crap you will find some decent info.

As for.....

Lastly, how come when something happens to the women's team the professor rips them a new one, but men's issues are swept under the rug. For example, why wasn't the Todd Martin transfer a bigger deal? Wasn't this kid a top get for us and wasn't he going to help us get wins? But then it was realized he wasn't that good, so when he left the issue was basically overlooked because hey we wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that another kid transferred from the program. - DaneMan

Daneman you don't have a clue. From all I've heard the Staff wanted Martin to stay and they thought he could contribute for the next three years. Todd wanted a more prominent role and with Jamar, Lucious, Zoellner and 5 other new faces coming aboard and the starting team coming back he could see the hand writing on the wall so he decided to transfer and go back to California.

What do you think will happen at the end of this year. I for one wouldn't be surprised if we lost 1 or 2 of the young guys due to lack of opportunity. Welcome to DI athletics every scholarship recipient thinks they are going to be "The Man" and in reality they find out that there are quite a few good players in this country.