UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ayers leaves WBB

At the Women's exhibition, I thought she looked a little heavy and out of shape and was surprised she didn't get more minutes. But, after reading the press release I realized she came off more surgery and has had limited time working out to get it optimum condition.

I hope this is a good decision for her. It sure must be frustrating being very talented but slowed by injuries so often. I give her credit for lasting as long as she has.

She will definitely be missed as she was an intergal part of the Women's Team.

I was surprised to learn of the the number of off season surgeries to the ladies basketball team. Time will only tell how successful they were. Becky is a huge loss but we are better prepared for such a loss than we were a few years ago. She was great as a Frosh and came back very strong last year after her first surgery. I for one will not forget her gutsy effort to play in Hartford(AE championships) while being very, very ill. Hope she remains at UA and completes her degree.

I'm sorry to hear she's leaving and she will certainly be missed this year.

It has to have been frustration for her to not be able to play up to her abilites because of injuries. We certainly knew she was gutting it out most of last year with her foot problems. In all likelyhood her she is scholastically a senior and will probably graduate in the spring. Hopefull she stays at UA and is successful and whatever she does afterward.

i dont believe this article or any rumor i here about it. but i just think we should all read this. its a tastless article, but i figure i show it to you all.

Webpage for article...look at article on the right

Edited by GreatDanes84

This kid should go F himself. First, a-s-s-h-o-l-e sports writer, it is called the "AMERICA EAST" conference. Second, it is not just athletes who are busted for something like this. The kid should get off his high horse and learn when (and when not) to use a comma in a sentence. His writing lacks creativity and smells of jealousy.

One last thing. GreatDanes84, you are a good kid...but I would watch what I would say. This kid didn't cite a source, furthermore you have limited details. You shouldn't speak of what you lack in first hand knowledge. You can get yourself in a boatload of trouble for making a messageboard comment such as you have unless you have some serious factual basis for making it.

Unless anyone tells me otherwise, factually based that is, Beck Ayers was a warrior for the school. This Great Dane is glad she is part of the Big Purple monster. To take that away from her is almost as bad as those who ripped Jamal Hughes, citing academics, before we learned his father was sick.

Bottom line....sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut unless you have details. If, and that is a HUGE if based on privacy matters, an athlete was expelled for plagerizing, the punishment has been served. No need to pile it on. We all make mistakes; if this is that student's worst mistake, then g-d bless them.

Edited by Dane96

Dane, like i said, im not saying its true or not, but thats what i heard from some people. I just figure i let you guys know what i have been hearing and what i read in this article. im not in belief of it, and i think the article was a disgrace also. But take it with a grain of salt. I understand what your saying. Ayers has always been one of my favorite girls on that team, so i have no beef with her. And your right,im not saying that this is true, but im just saying thats what 1 or 2 people have said.

The article is tasteless and frankly sad. Ayers has always had my respect, and i hope everything works out for her. Im sorry if i made anyone mad. I just felt i should let some of you know what people are saying. Im not saying its true or not.

Edited by GreatDanes84

see, with real journalism, the Time Union article today shines more light on the Ayers story then anything. Any bs rumors going on around campus need to end right now, and let me say if i here someone saying it, i will put my two cents in.

Question for GreatDanes84 or anyone else on campus - Is the on-line article from the ASP the exact same as the print article? I know some school papers don't always put their entire articles on-line. Also, in the print ASP, was this on the editorial page or in the Sports section? Is the author a regular writer for whatever section this appeared in? And, what day's print edition did this appear in?

Without commenting on the content of the ASP editorial/article, I appreciate GreatDanes84 bring it to the attention of the board.

Edited by statefan

im not sure if it is the same exact article. But i do know that the article is there...what ill try and do is get a copy of the article on campus and see what it says. It never crossed my mind. Yea im not trying to start any rumors, its not my place and its wrong. But i heard a few people mention it once they heard about Ayers...but to me, this TU article sheds more light on the situation.