UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We're the Champs. We're the Champs

Congrats to Coach Sheffield and the Lady Danes on becoming the first Woman's team to advance to the NCAA's since our DI move in 1999. I was exhausted today, but stayed up to listen to the game on the radio. THe team should be proud not only for the accomplishment, but for the three-year turnaround. Further, to come back from adversity, being down 2-1, shows alot about the chutzpah of this team. In my native tongue, UA came back and said to Maine, "TUTTI FINI", translated as "ALL FINISHED WITH YOU"

Let's hope we get a decent seed and look for an upset.

We should thank WCDB radio for broadcasting the games with pick-up on the internet for those outside the broadcast range. They did a great job, were very enthusiastic, accurate about a sport I don't think they had ever covered but I don't think it will be the last time we will be able to tune in. As an alumnae I appreciate their efforts and I do tune in to some of their musical programming, which I find very enjoyable.

That was a fantastic game. Congrats to both teams for engaging in an entertaining battle.

After the break when Maine took over that third game I thought the Danes were done for. They fought back and it looked like they were in trouble again in the fifth but pulled it out. Maine did not make it easy and battled all the way-hats off to them.

Official attendence was 415 but it seemed like more. Maybe it was just that the people who were there were noisy. A great turnout by the students who made plenty of noise on their own and got the crowd involved during time outs. I especially like the football kickoff style sound effect when E-Rod was serving. A great and well-deserved win.

Hopefully my voice recovers by Tuesday night.

Official attendence was 415 but it seemed like more. Maybe it was just that the people who were there were noisy. A great turnout by the students who made plenty of noise on their own and got the crowd involved during time outs. I especially like the football kickoff style sound effect when E-Rod was serving.

The bleachers hold at least 1200 and they were more that half full. The only way att is 415 is if they didn't count staff, Albany athletes and everyone who entered after the start.

I also liked the guys who jumped up in a YMCA-like "A" after every Albany ace.

The way the gym rocked today, I can't wait until the basketball teams get on a roll. The BPG should be a zoo.

Hunter appears to have had a great game, I think she transferred from a higher profile program where she was a very good player.

Obviously a good pickup. Also, Buchanan and DeNeal from Indiana have been great recruits.

The coach apparently has the ability to recruit as most of players over the last 2 years have played very important roles in getting to this point.

I'm pretty sure Green is a transfer also.

This team is pretty much loaded with sophmores and juniors. Spierre and Dombrowski are the only seniors. Although Dombrowski really came up with some big service points at some crucial stages yesterday. As Dane96 mentioned it must have been much sweeter for those two as the team was 4-22 their freshman year.

I did notice yesterday that the first people out on the floor to congratulate the team was the women's hoop team. Great to see that, hopefully the volleyball team will be able to return the favor this March.