UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Syracuse

It sounded as if they just had trouble shooting the ball. 17-point loss and they shot 33% from the field and 25% from 3. It sounded like many of the 3's were open looks off of penetration, nobody was knocking them down.

Tough to say you could beat SU, but on just a decent shooting night this is a 10 point game. A good shooting night under 10.

Brown mentioned a couple of guys missed Sundays practice with a stomach bug (no names mentioned) and they had airline issues getting B. Wilson back to Albany and he missed the practice.

980 announcers expressed that Albany played hard and just missed shots. I don't have the rebound numbers, but as you would expect they were getting beat solidly on the boards.

I listened on the Syracuse link - for $3.95.

The good news:

1. The check should have cleared

2. Relatively short drive back to Albany

3. No injuries

4. All of the remaining games are against "appropriate" competition

The post play and rebounding gave them the win - if theyu were shooting well it could have gotten very ugly. Josh Wright and Terrence Roberts missed key shots when they were up by 24 late in the game - McNamara also had a very bad night shooting. That said, UA shot very bad. It sounded like many of the 3 point shots weren't even close.

Also, I think Brent Wilson started the second half instead of Q - for what that's worth.

Edited by reeder

When your big "3" Jordan, Wilson and Levine shoot 14 for 47 including 4 for 17 and commit a total of 13 TOs, we deserved to get blown out.

Hopefully, with our 2 money games out of the way we can go back to basics and work on competing "HARD" and get some wins.

Any word on Iati and Lillis?

IATI announced he is redshirting. How dumb does PERRY feel?!

I was thinking the same thing this morning Dane96. Looks like he jumped a little too quick and it would have been better for everyone had he stayed.

For the second game in a row Jamar was able to get into the lane against a Big East backcourt. He had a couple of offensive fouls but I thought the aggressiveness was great. They were saying on the radio when he gets into the lane he's got to stop and take the 5 footer instead of trying to go to the hoop and getting the charge. Of course, he's not likely to see a frontline that quick that can get in front of him for the rest of the year.

Also Zoellner and Wyatt when he was in sounded like they really went hard to the basket. Zoellner went to the foul 8 times which is a good sign although he didn't know many down. The Danes actually went into the dome and shot more free throws than Syracuse.