UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tourney Plans

Just curious what everyone was planning for this weekend.

Win or lose LadyDP (Mrs DP now?) will be staying in Bing this weekend. Not quite as exciting as a weekend in Boston but we'll probably find something good to do.

The Albany-Bing should be the best of the bunch on Saturday. It's probably sacreligious to say this but we are going to skip the Vermont-Whoever game after ours as it probalby won't be that compelling.

The highlight for this year's trip for my wife is a sidetrip to Ithaca and hopefully a visit to the famous Moosewood Resturant if we can get in. According to the Bing fans Ithaca is supposed to be a great town so we'll probably hang out there some on Saturday night.

We'll catch the semis on Sunday regardless of who is playing but we are hoping to have a chance to wear purple again.

i was gonna try going with Brian...but i have a big midterm on monday, plus they could only get seats seperate locations around the arena. I be damn if im gonna watch a game in the middle of a Bingahmton section.

DP....Ithaca is a beautiful town, though it may be a bit dreary in the winter. Head to Ithaca Commons (little shopping area). I would thoroughly suggest a walk on Cornell's campus. Though in the middle of nowhere, it is a really nice campus. The famous bridge (all the suicides in the 70's) is really cool because you are suspended pretty high above the river bed (Chenango?).

You should see if there is a hockey game that night....a game at Cornell is a host of fun. The arena is BELOW GROUND LEVEL...pretty cool stuff.

And for the record...I like Mrs. DP better....and she needs to start posting again.

Edited by Dane96

Dane96 thanks for the info. We'll head over a little early and check those things out. I don't know that Ithaca can be any drearier than here in the winter. I will tell Mrs. DP her presence is requested on the board although she'll probably be putting up a trip report up of Bing as she did last year after Boston.

Alumni92-In the Trip Info forum there's links to Bing area resturants, hotels and whatnot if you need them. I hope you need that Sat. night hotel.

I didn't think of it until this morning but the opening round games start today. Kind of nice to be able to skip them this year isn't it?