UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

How about the Women Danes

The quote posted by alumni 92 of Coach Patterson about it being a great day to be a great dane made me wonder how do our womens basketball team look this year? I know we lost DH she's going to be hard to replace if she could be. But how do the rest look, I feel bad that all the attention is on the Men. So anyone have any thoughts?

There were many thoughts expressed in an earlier thread. The consensus seemed to be that at best, this will be a .500 club, at worst, we're looking at a sub 10-win season. The team lost a lot and have no proven scorers except for JS, and the recruiting class is a big question mark.

This should be a tough year for our ladies. I don't think it matters if it is men's or women's hoops, when you lose your entire front court your in trouble.

If we are lucky the Turkisk recruit might be able to replace Hutch but it will be nearly impossible to relace the athleticism and experience of Jones and Learn.

Even with those three the Danes were only 14-14, to equal that would be a good accomplishment.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and Coach's crop of recruits is awesome and we finish over .500.

America East Women's basketball preview and predicitons

1. Hartford - Returns nearly all of their 05 championship team. Strong front court in tact with Hood and Gale and Ikea Witt running the show. Can be stopped if you close the paint and force them to beat you from the the outside. Their one weakness is shooting.

2. Binghamton - All conference Rachel Laws returns with deep threat Jen Blues. With good young talent around them they will be tough to beat. Still need to prove themselves in post season.

3. Boston University - Devestated by injuries last season, but still managed to beat #1 Maine in the conference tourney. Junior Guard Katie Meinhardt returns after her 42 point preformance in the tournament and Kasey Devine hope to fill in for the departed Larissa Parr at center.

4. UNH - A great group of players that made it to the America East semifinals last season return and will need to shoot the lights out again as they lack that big inside presance. Coach Sue Johnson who should have won coach of the year last season will have this group ready to compete again this year.

5. Stony Brook - Maura Mchugh's second season as Stony Brook head coach should prove to be a good one as Jessica Smith and Mykeema Ford return. However for SBU consitency will be the key.

6. Maine - Black Bears lose their coach and POTY Kim Corbitt so questions abound for the Black Bears. They will need Bracey Barker and Ashley Underwood to come up big this season if they want to stay the class of the AEast.

7. UAlbany - The Great Danes graduated their front four but sniper Jen Schumacher returns after a record breaking 2005 campaign. Young talent will need to come up big for Danes. A breakout season is needed from Gis Sanders if the Danes want to be sucessful.

8. Vermont - The Catmounts graduated Lani Boardman and unsung hero Tiffany Spinka. If Alexis Castro can dominate the blocks Ashleigh Cuncic can lead this team. That however is a big if.

9. UMBC - Erin Voss can be a PTPer for the Retrievers but I'm not sold on Phil Stern at the helm. His time at UMBC may be running short.

Excellent preview Voice. Weird to see you put Maine down there in the bottom half since they owned the conference when we joined. I guess since their coach left (to Baylor?) they've been in a slide.

Like just about everyone else has said so far this team is young and unproven. I don't expect a lot. Hopefully we are surprised.

Coach Versyp took the job at Indiana. Maine wil be succesful for the most part at home because they do have an advantage there. I dont think that will be the case against teams like Hartford and Binghamton. The teams I listed ahead of them are just better talent wise. Many questions this year for most teams. Hartford and Binghamton I believe are the only sure things.