UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gators giving Danes Respect

Just a Personal Note: A possible dream of mine will come true tomorrow if we beat the Gators. As a Tennessee Vols fan, I HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR THE GATORS...if the Danes can do this tomorrow, i shall be quite a happy person. Add the the fact, i have always wanted to see this team play on ESPN. I know it will happen later this year at bracket busters, but if they can do it even earlier, i will be happy.

Best of luck against the Gators from a Saints fan. This is one of those opportunities for a real solid, veteran mid-major to take out the whooping stick on a major.

Gators will have their hands full guarding your perimeter play - and Zoellner has enough talent to be a presence in the post.

Should be a good game.

Looked at the message board for the gators. Fans giving UA alot of credit.

GreatDanes84,

Where's the link to their message board? I tried a couple places and came up empty. Thanks for the headsup.

It's nice to receive credit from a major program for a mid-major. Let's hope the Danes are as sharp tonight as they were last night. We just can't let anyone score 39 points on us. Go, Danes!

Good luck tonight guys from a $iena fan, as you like to say.

I think the Danes have a real chance at winning this game if they shoot like they did yesterday.

Danes win means national TV against another major at MSG with D*icky V in the house. I don't think D*icky V has ever done a Siena game.

Well...good luck, oh and you're going down on December 3rd ;-)

Edited by MTS

Looked at the message board for the gators. Fans giving UA alot of credit.

GreatDanes84,

Where's the link to their message board? I tried a couple places and came up empty. Thanks for the headsup.

It's nice to receive credit from a major program for a mid-major. Let's hope the Danes are as sharp tonight as they were last night. We just can't let anyone score 39 points on us. Go, Danes!

10340[/snapback]

At the top of the Winter Sports forum there's a "opponnent message board" thread. There's links to Oakland and Florida's message boards there.

At the top of the Winter Sports forum there's a "opponnent message board" thread. There's links to Oakland and Florida's message boards there.

10343[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

Once again, thanks for showing me the opportunity to listen to the Great Danes, when I cannot be there.

And, thanks again, for managing this great link for all UAlbany sports. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Wyland had a nice preview from Gainsville for the game on the 6pm news. Both Wilsons look pretty excited to play against this team in their interviews. Gators' front court is 6'8", 6'9", and 6'11"..gonna be tough to stop but hopefully Zo and Covington, etc. play a solid game with our guards shooting like we know they can. Let's GO DANES!!!

PS: Catalon also said that Alex Zampier from Columbia High committed to Yale..I think we were pursuing him at least a bit at some point.

Long ride home from Gainesville last night, and at work already this morning! Easier to do when I was a younger man.

Several times I looked at the scoreboard and marveled at the names Gators and Danes in lights. Who would ever have thought this day would come?

My take on the game, for what its worth:

The three point prayer at the buzzer to end the first half hurt badly. If that doesn't happen UF take a 2 point lead into the intermission and the momentum would not be so palpably with them.

As with the Oakland game - we are a stronger, faster, smarter team with Zoellner on the bench. He is too slow for the kind of game we have to play against a team like Florida. The one time he tried to dunk, in the second half, he was stuffed - they were waiting for it. He contributed nothing - nothing, at either end, and was unfortunately in the game when the second half began, and the floor fell out below us.

On the positive side, Jamar and Brent Wilson, who both played nearly 40 minutes, were so excellent against a difficult defense, that its easy to picture the season they'll have against our conference opponent. Iait also played a great game. UF pressed on defense the entire game and Albany handled it well.

Levi, Jordan, etc. seemed somewhat dominated by the faster, bigger opponent, but the effort was there. Connelly, Siggers, and Covington had an even more difficult time. Graham played a strong game.

The UF fans around me were for the most part, arrogant and obnoxious, but I'm sure they're not all that way. I'd like to see the Gators get smoked at the Garden next week.

KingDane I generally feel the same way after a loss. I hope the opposing team gets smoked in their next game. For purposes of our RPI though I hope they do well this year-looks better for us.

For those who were at the game I'm curious how Jordan looked. He didn't seem to play much last night and seemed unusually quiet through the tournament. Wondering how much that ankle injury is bothering him. Hopefully he gets back to full health with the next week or so off.

Just back from Gainesville. Met alum73 and many other Danes fan - definitely a good trip.

Thoughts on the team.

1. Jamar - I forget how good he is. I think he scored the first 7 points against Florida last night. Didn't force shots and he shot extremely well from the perimeter. He came out of the game late with an apparent groin injury - he was putting ice on as the game ended. Also, I don't recall more than 1 charge in the two games - he did a good job at stopping and taking the 1o footer. That said, the refs are focusing on carrying the ball this year and he had several called against him. That said, I don't think there is a guard in the AE that can stop him from penetrating.

2. Iati can shoot the ball. He had a couple last night just coming off a screen and putting it up - hard to tell if he even had a good look. Also played aggressive defense against the bigger guards.

3. Jordan - Not shooting as much as last year - not sure if his role is changing a bit. May also be that he is still recovering from the ankle injury.

4. Brent Wilson - played great. Shot the ball extremely well, took a couple of charges in the first half and played well against the big interior players from Florida.

5. Levi - Didn't shoot as well last night as he did against Oakland, still played pretty well overall. Tough when he's only 6'4" / 6'5" and playing against guys that are legitimately 6'8" or 6'9".

6. Zoellner - not sure what happened, he had two fouls in the first minute last night. He just had a tough time with the Florida big guys. He'll still be a very good defender in the AE. I can see him sitting on the bench a lot if he gets off to a slow start - the team can win with Covington or Graham at the 5.

7. New guys - Siggers has a nice shot but starts the shot almost at his hip - he'll make them if he can get it off, but he may have a tough time getting some shots off. Covington and Graham - both played well in their minutes. Just a tough way to start when Florida has so many athletic big men. They did play well against Oakland and I think they will get a lot of minutes as the team plays more comparable teams.

The team has a lot of shooters and a lot of depth - they will do real well this year.

Iati's shot impressed some of the UF fans near me.

I think the odds are pretty high against Levi going the season without a T; that rolling block he threw at a UF breakaway late may have been frustration, but it doesn't suggest that his temper is completely under control yet.

We knew at the half the refs wouldn't allow us to win - UF only had 3 fouls after 14 min. of the second half. I think 5 of the first 6 fouls in the game were against our post players.

At least a lot of the new guys got quality minutes.

Even the 'announced' ATT of 8,500 looked exaggerated; 2nd and 3rd levels were well under half full.