UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

How many scholarships left?

With Kiel Graham leaving I would imagine we still have 1 scholly to give.

Knight (6'1") is a guard

Anderson (6'5") is a wing

Yocum (6'8 or 9") is a power forward

Gifford (6'10 or 11") ia a center

We are losing Lu, Levi, Zo and Jared - What are our biggest needs with Graham's scholarship??????

Edited by Patch

I would go big. Get another center. Covington can play Foward or Center, and Gifford. Frankly, after seeing this team play Florida and UCLA, i want big men. May not be alot left, but even at the Foward spot, i think we should go big. I feel like the team has alot of speed and the outside game, i think we need to have the ultimate inside game.

Scout says we are interested in this one kid from Quebec, Ali Kanaan, 6-9, 230 lbs. Im not saying him exactly, but something around that size.

Just my opinion.

Assuming Knight plays like he has been, as a shooting guard, I think we can go after a point guard type player. With Lillis as a junior next year (our closest thing to a point), if we wait til next year to go after a point then the player will have 1 year at best as an "understudy" to Lillis. Next year, with our current recruits, we'll have 6'8" B. Wilson, 6'7" Covington, 6'8" Connelly, 6'8/9" Yocum, and 6'10/11" Gifford..certainly not bad size for AE conference play.

So I think our top need would be a point guard specialty player (doesn't really need to be that much of a scorer), with the next choice being that 6'8"+ player.

Usually I'd agree that you can't have too much frontcourt depth. But with Gifford and Yocum coming in and Connelly and Covington returning that's four underclassman frontcourt players in addition to Brent who will only be a junior and likely play a ton of minutes at PF.

I'd almost rather see a point guard brought in to season behind Lillis or maybe a big-conference transfer who would sit out for a year.

I agree with the idea of getting a point guard, by the way does Bauman have any pure point guard skills? I remember reading in his bio that coach B says he has a high BB IQ, he said the same thing about Lillis. I wonder how good he would be running the point position.