UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

9-2 and 14-8

On the topic of Coach Brown he is truly a stand up guy, my fellow Long Island alumni and I went to the Stony Brook game and about 6 weeks ago, and after the game he walked by us and we shook his hand to congratulate the win and he said, "Please be patient, we WILL get better." And in perfect Coach Brown fashion, after the game last night that we made the trip up for, we walked over shook his hand, he looked at us and said, "See, I told you we would get better."

Not only is Coach Brown shown that he can build a competitive D-1 program, but he has shown the ability to relate to the fans, screw a 5 year deal, I say we give him a life long life time deal!!!!

I couldn't agree more. What I like most about Will is that he is still a very young coach and is learning fast. As with the players, he is only going to get better and better every year. McElroy has got to lock him up into a long contract ASAP.

There appears to be a good amount of growth in Brown as a coach. I haven't seen as many games as the rest of you. But looking at the Binghamton game last week and the game last night, I noticed a few really good things:

1. Ball movement was great

2. Players moving without the ball was great.

3. More screens and double screens

4. Improved player utilization.

Not sure if he is communicating better with the players, a change in philosophy or better assistants but I think there has been growth from a coaching perspective. It could be that he has better players - who knows?

Bracketbuster TV game is a nice feather in his cap. Winning the regular season title is the next objective, that will be nice as well.

I agree with the contract comments - pay him. Of course, it may mean another guarantee game to fund it.

the alumni, fans of the program, and even student body should not be shy about mentioning their support of a contract extension for Coach Brown to Dr. McElroy and President Hall ... steady progress over the past few seasons, recruitment of student-athletes of quality character, has conducted himself as a complete professional (including his talent for speaking with the media), and from personal experience has been generous in making available his time and voice to speak with local youth on the importance of academic achievement and ethics on and off the playing fields ... no need to wait until after the AE tournament to reach a decision on a university offer ... Do the Right Thing

the alumni, fans of the program, and even student body should not be shy about mentioning their support of a contract extension for Coach Brown to Dr. McElroy and President Hall ... steady progress over the past few seasons, recruitment of student-athletes of quality character, has conducted himself as a complete professional (including his talent for speaking with the media), and from personal experience has been generous in making available his time and voice to speak with local youth on the importance of academic achievement and ethics on and off the playing fields ... no need to wait until after the AE tournament to reach a decision on a university offer ... Do the Right Thing

11635[/snapback]

I could not agree more with this! It is time to get Coach Brown signed and put this behind the team BEFORE the AE Tourney.

No questions about next year, it is clear that no matter what happens he has proven himself. I have no idea what Doc McElroy and Pres. Hall are waiting on.

SSS