UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton

WH96

Binghamton down by 13 with 11 minutes left.  This would mean we can clitch Monday right?

11925[/snapback]

Yes, IF Bing loses today, we need one Albany win or another Bing loss to clinch the #1 seed in the tournament, and the tie for the regular-season championship for the NIT bid.

Now UH 35-26 with six minutes left.

Binghamton down by 13 with 11 minutes left.  This would mean we can clitch Monday right?

11925[/snapback]

Yes, IF Bing loses today, we need one Albany win or another Bing loss to clinch the #1 seed in the tournament, and the tie for the regular-season championship for the NIT bid.

Now UH 35-26 with six minutes left.

11926[/snapback]

If UA and Bing tie for records in the conference, does the overall record act as a tiebreaker?

Thank you Hawks.

I think we want Bing to win 1 more so they clinch 2nd place and we don't play them there.

11930[/snapback]

Bingo only needs to come in 2nd or 3rd in order for us not to play them in bingo. I am not sure how tie breakers work, but the worst Bingo could finish is a 3 way tie for 2nd. In other words the only way for them to be in 4th , is lose both remaining games, Vermont wins all 3 of their remaining games , Hartford wins both their remaining games and Bingo loses tiebreakers to both. Hopefully we take care of the Vermont piece on Monday. That would not only clinch 1st for us but would mean we could not meet Bingo in Bingo.

To me, more important we worry about winning our games and don't worry what other teams do.

the pieces could all fall into just the right place for the AE conference tournament and culminate with an ESPN2 championship game @ the RACC ... there are dangers with every possible opponent, but i'd be very satisfied seeing bing and hartford finish up in the other bracket ... it would be interesting to hear from the coaching staff on their preferences for seedings, but that won't happen publicly ... does everyone remember where we were just a short time ago?

We've swept the 2nd and 3rd place teams this year so we should be confident we can win anywhere. However, Hartford has been one of the hottest teams in the second half of the conference season. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the 2-3 bracket with Bing at all.

A win over Vermont would win the conference and also insure that we wouldn't have to play Bing at Bing since they couldn't finish any lower than third.