UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women shutout of awards

not a single person from the ladies team won or made a all conference team in the womens basketball awards...which i feel is wrong. I'm sorry, the team may not be good this year, but the fact is...HOW CAN YOU GIVE AN AWARD TO AT LEAST ONE PLAYER ON EVERY SINGLE TEAM EXCEPT ONE.

Even if i was talking UMBC or Maine, I would say the same.

Gia Sanders isnt good enough to make all-defensive squad?...look at her stats

i feel the AE is wrong with this. Just my opinion

2 seniors, and one of the youngest mid major teams in the country...we didnt suck, we were inexperienced...LOOK AT SANDERS STATS...SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THAT ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM...

typical people who look just at our record....go watch a gam ebefore you mock them.

i even said it, mikus was a looooong shot at 3rd team, and i didnt really expect it. But im sorry, look at Gia Sanders stats, and you tell me she should not be on the all-defensive team...

to pick a player from every team but one is bs, plain and simple.

The player i am focusing on is Edwards from UNH. The other four should be on that team. I am not saying she should not be on the team, cause as a defender she is good. But people had trouble with Sanders in the post. 2nd in blocked shots, 12th in steals, 8th in defensive rebounds in conference. Three majors defensive categories. Edwards was better in steals, that is it.

If your having every team represented, WHICH IT SHOULD BE CAUSE HAVING ONE TEAM WITH NO REPRESENTATIVES, this is the spot. Sanders should have been on that team

2 seniors, and one of the youngest mid major teams in the country...we didnt suck, we were inexperienced...LOOK AT SANDERS STATS...SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THAT ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM...

typical people who look just at our record....go watch a gam ebefore you mock them.

12657[/snapback]

On several occasions I was early for a UAlbany men’s game and had the “privilege” to watch the women play. They suck!!

and thus you have proven my point...bravo...the football team finished 5-6, and started the season with a bad record...they suck also? please...some UA fan

12660[/snapback]

This isn’t kindergarten!!!! It is what it is….they are a terrible team with a terrible record. The few times I saw them play they got BLOWN OUT!!!!! Maybe they are young or what ever. But they are terrible, the record speaks for itself.

you said you where early for mens games...so you stayed for the entire 2.5 hrs to watch the the womens game, or the final 5-10 minutes? EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

12662[/snapback]

There’s your problem…you ASSumed that I was there for only 5-10 minutes. I like to come way early and I typically watch the second half.

your every UAlbany Basketball fan and alumni's dream...great to have a fan like you at the game saturday...

12665[/snapback]

You on the other hand are completely DELUSIONAL and think that a team with a record of 7-20 and 3-13 in the conference is “young” how about they suck. You are in no position to question my loyalty to the program. And as for the last part of your post, it's just silly.

Edited by bosiydid

I can see your case for Mikus and Sanders but I think generally underclassmen don't get the benefit of the doubt in cases like that. I admit I wasn't as impressed with Mikus as a freshman as some other people were but she really improved this year. 14th in scorind, 6th in assists and 2nd in steals-pretty good year for a sophmore.