UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Great Danes will defeat UCONN

As Donny Marshall said during the Vermont UA telecast , UA can play up tempo ,a half court game and spread the floor because of it's 3 point shooters. Albany can play the same type of game Villanova used to beat UCONN. In addition, although he is not an NBA prospect , Zoellner can take up space and contest Armstrong and Boone. He may even be able to get some points inside to allow the Danes shooters more room and time. As stated in another thread , Brent Wilson with his agility and mobility can limit Rudy Gay (in a best case scenario).

Since the Danes have 6 guards who can make the 3, a winning scenario would have to include great games by our guards including a high percentage from 3, along with the aforementioned front court play. Another factor that may help UA is UCONN is looking way ahead to the final four. They already believe they can mail it in until the regional final.

As Donny Marshall said during the Vermont UA telecast , UA can play up tempo ,a half court game and spread the floor because of it's 3 point shooters.  Albany can play the same type of game Villanova used to beat UCONN.  In addition, although he is not an NBA prospect , Zoellner can take up space and contest Armstrong and Boone. He may even be able to get some points inside to allow the Danes shooters more room and time. As stated in another thread , Brent Wilson with his agility and mobility  can limit Rudy Gay (in a best case scenario). 

Since the Danes have 6 guards who can make the 3, a winning scenario would have to include great games by our guards including a high percentage from 3, along with the aforementioned front court play. Another factor that may help UA is  UCONN is looking way ahead to the final four. They already believe they can mail it in until the regional final.

12906[/snapback]

As much as I wish it to be so! There is no way we get past UCONN, if they even play at 60 percent we are dead. They are just to big, to fast and to deep for us to compete with. I'm looking for this to be a way to advertise our program on another nationally televised game. And bring some more great recruits in here. Go Danes...

There is no way we get past UCONN, if they even play at 60 percent we are dead. - boysiydid

i'm counting on them playing at 40% ... stranger things have happened

12921[/snapback]

Your guards are not Nardi/Lowry/Ray/Foye ... that's why you are not Nova. Your front won't be able to contain the UConn fast and tough interior. The best hope ... and UConn's achilles heel ... is foul trouble or a brainfart by Marcuw Williams at PG. He is the only guard/ballhandler that can take you to the hoop and make plays (Anderson and Denham Brown are really Wings with OK handles). That is how Villanova won in Philly this year.

Who's gonna cover Rudy Gay if he really is into it ... Lucious Jordan has never seen a 6-9 guy who has a 43 vertical and long arms run like this kid. If on, he's uncoverable by an Albany.

I see only one way as a fan that I can truly help the team for Friday....as of noon today I have officially set up the "UConn Distraction Fund", the purpose of this fund will be similar to what Lawrence Taylor used to do when he played in the NFL. That being said, anyone know of the names/numbers of some Philly "call girls" looking for a good pay day?

Please let me know if you would like to help by donating to the cause.

I was thinking of setting up some unprotected laptops in the hotel their staying at.

That should entice two or three starters to commit a felony.

Students should rig up a fishing pole with laptops dangling from them. Most likely been done before but still effective.

I was thinking of setting up some unprotected laptops in the hotel their staying at.

Students should rig up a fishing pole with laptops dangling from them.  Most likely been done before but still effective.

12951[/snapback]

Interesting. And who would the other starters be? Seems you dont know alot about our program based on that false statement.

Students should rig up a fishing pole with laptops dangling from them.  Most likely been done before but still effective.

12951[/snapback]

Interesting. And who would the other starters be? Seems you dont know alot about our program based on that false statement.

12959[/snapback]

Easy, it was a joke. Get it.

Answer why one player is still on the team and another isn't? Is one maybe a better player?

If it's not politically correct for you, just don't allow criminals back on the team. No problem

Edited by McFan

The kid F'ed up and I am not here to defend him. Name one other player who was in this kind of trouble. Ask most Uconn fans and you will find most of us dont agree with how the whole thing went down. Idont work for the school so I cant change it.

And the answer given to the length of suspension difference is that AJ lied to the police while MW was up front and hid nothing.

Now that all that bull$iena is out of the way, what can you tell me about your squad? I read on the Uconn thread about your guards, is there an inside player for our bigs? I didnt get to see you guys play but have read good things elsewhere.

12951[/snapback]

12959[/snapback]

From the New Haven Register

"Williams, 19, of Compton, Calif., filed an application last week to enter the state’s accelerated rehabilitation program, which is a special form of probation available to first-time offenders that would eliminate any charges on Williams’ record should he avoid trouble for up to two years."

"But when police recovered cell phone text messages between Price and teammate Hilton Armstrong that indicated his involvement, Price admitted to police that he knew about the laptops — two of which were found underneath his bed when a search warrant was executed."

These guys are starters right?

Reading into it that he knew about it.

Your right done w/ the BS. It was meant to be funny.

No secrets on our squad.

My opinion:

Your bigs are going to be too athletic. We have a 7'1" 270lb center who is limited offensively. Does a good job on D and has for the second half of the season limited his foul trouble.

A 6'8" forward that is our second leading scorer. Solid shooter of the 3, and has really developed a nice mid-range game.

Our gaurds are great in the America East. Depth is also a strength in the AE. That said the talent level at the Big East is a little different.

I am a big fan of Jamar Wilson and think he could play at a much higher D1 program. Your shot blockers (all of them) could present a finishing problem for Jamar. If he had a finishing big man I think he could hurt you a bit.

In the end, I see this as Albany needing to knock down about 18-25 threes for this to be a game for long.

Looking forward to a good time in Philly either way.

No hard feelings.

"does a good job on defense."

Um ... no. I live in the Albany area and have seen the Danes play several times: Kirsten Zoellner will be severely overmatched at this level. Both Boone & Armstrong are much much quicker; and the reserves are quality. If Williams gets in the lane ... you are going to see Dunks. Lots.

Again, Wilson/Stiggers/Jordan etc ... have got to keep ball pressure on MW or he has to make foolish fouls. Other than that is questionable. And, don't bring either Coppenrath or Klimes or other UVM defenders into the discussion: UConn burnt them. And Syracuse couldn't.

"does a good job on defense."

Um ... no.  I live in the Albany area and have seen the Danes play several times:  Kirsten Zoellner will be severely overmatched at this level.  Both Boone & Armstrong are much much quicker; and the reserves are quality.  If Williams gets in the lane ... you are going to see Dunks.  Lots.

Again, Wilson/Stiggers/Jordan etc ... have got to keep ball pressure on MW or he has to make foolish fouls.  Other than that is questionable.  And, don't bring either Coppenrath or Klimes or other UVM defenders into the discussion: UConn burnt them.  And Syracuse couldn't.

12976[/snapback]

I've seen every home game and watched a few away on TV. In the AE he does a good, not great, not fantastic, not the greatest I've ever see, but a good job on D. Two of UA's conference losses were against UNH. The beat Albany by shooting well from the outside including a 6'8" forward.

Read my statement "Your bigs are going to be too athletic". Now yours "overmatched at this level". See the similarity.

I think its quite clear that there will be a minimum of 4 mismatches on the court at the start of the game and most likely 5 ( I really think a lot of Jamar's game). That is why they are a #1 seed and UA is a #16.

I've posted elsewhere that I think this is possibly the worst matchup UA could have faced. Could we beat Duke, Memphis, or Villanove? No. Do I think UA could play them a little close and maybe show some of the talent? Yes.