UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Isiah Martin-2007

According to Rivals Albany has offered Chicago forward Isiah Martin a scholarship. He's 6'8, 200 lbs from Morgan Park High School and was rated the 17th player in Illinois by Illinois High School Basketball.

From Rivals:

Martin had quite a transformation over the winter, as he began to adjust his regimen and began to watch more closely what he was eating. A player who began his junior senior with a slight build, Martin's work in the weight room and at the dinner table has paid off. "Since our season ended in March, I've been going to the Y (YMCA) a lot and been lifting and playing ball with some older guys." Although he still is a bit undersized at two hundred pounds, the work will continue and Martin expects to enter into college with a build that can withstand the punishment of the college game.

Martin's calling card is his defensive play, as evident by the mention of his favorite part of the game, "I love to get up and block a guy's shot." At Morgan Park, Martin averaged just over three blocks a game. Besides continuing the work with weights, Martin wants to develop more of an offensive game. Typically, Martin used his athletic ability to create his offense, but expects to add some offensive moves this summer with Meanstreets. Martin states that he averaged just over sixteen points this past year, as well as ten rebounds and three assists a game.

"I want to come into a program and play right away, while learning the system on the go" stated Martin. "A team that runs and is athletic is a big factor in where I look to go, as I am at my best in the fast break." Martin has also given some thought to what he would like to concentrate on in school. "I expect to major in finance and hopefully minor in sports management or something close to it."

martin.jpg

Edited by Dane Pound

bosiydid

DP:According to Rivals Albany has offered Chicago forward Isiah Martin a scholarship. He's 6'8, 200 lbs from Morgan Park High School and was rated the 17th player in Illinois by Illinois High School Basketball.

I wonder if Covington will help in his recruiting.

bosiydid 

DP:According to Rivals Albany has offered Chicago forward Isiah Martin a scholarship. He's 6'8, 200 lbs from Morgan Park High School and was rated the 17th player in Illinois by Illinois High School Basketball.

13948[/snapback]

He is also ranked 33 best PF in the country by scout.com. Imagine him and Gifford upfront. That would be the tits.

bosiydid 

13948[/snapback]

He is also ranked 33 best PF in the country by scout.com. Imagine him and Gifford upfront. That would be the tits.

13949[/snapback]

He does look like a tweener though...he needs to hit the gym and kitchen hard.

It's like LOTTO - "you gotto be in it to win it"!!!!

I doubt we'll get him but again Brown is in on someone early trying to steal a good one.

Our performances on National TV has helped and I'm sure it doesn't hurt having Covington on the roster.

Still it's a long, long shot.

It's like LOTTO - "you gotto be in it to win it"!!!!

I doubt we'll get him but again Brown is in on someone early trying to steal a good one.

Our performances on National TV has helped and I'm sure it doesn't hurt having Covington on the roster.

Still it's a long, long shot.

13952[/snapback]

I agree, if you look at the other schools showing interest it’s obvious that we are not the favorite. We are gona lose allot of firepower after this season, Brown has to bring in a stud or two, an offensive minded player.

Guys, the more I think about this the more I’m wondering why Brown is pushing for a PF.  We are like loaded at that position for the next 2 or 3 years.  We are probably the thinnest at PG and SF after this year.

13954[/snapback]

Why? Because this kid is a stud.

People are too quick to label players 1 thru 5 or PG - C in reality this the the Athletic type of big kid we have never had.

As D96 clearly stated he's a stud !!!!!!

And would be an impact player from Day 1.

We have as much chance of getting him as I do of hitting LOTTO.

Brown probably will try to find a Stud pg like Jamar over the summer and Fall, we have 3 scholorships next year if we don't use one in the late signing period. U can never not take a look at a Stud, if we had we wouldn't have Jamar right now. No good coach should ever turn his back on a recruit.

bosiydid: I agree we should increase our roster at SF, and PG, but Martin seems like he fits the profile of a SF, as for extra depth, I think we will get another SF in this recruiting period, perhaps even Connelly might fit the mold. As for PG or SG we will have Jamar, and Jason graduating next year. Lillis, Iati, Knight, and Baumann all graduating in two years. Brown will have 7 scholorships over the next two years to invest in guards so lets see what happens. I'm not worried as much about the guard situation. The league can be dominated by a Freshman guard look at Vermont for an example. And we have a good track record with recruiting guards and getting the most out of them with two ROY's.