UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Field Hockey win 8-2

Went to my first ever field hockey game tonight. Must say it is something new, but very interesting. Learning the rules as it went along.

Colgate looked terrible and the Danes looked solid. I cant compare a Top 25 team to them, but they looked like one tonight if i had to guess.

may have to catch a few more this year.

I'm going to try and make it over a game if I can combine it with some other event - got to make these trips from Mass. cost effective until gas falls to $1.25 again (in my dreams). Haven't seen the FH team play recently so I don't know how good this team is. I watched a match when we had just moved up to D1 and it seemed pretty tame compared to a match I witnessed a few years before at U. Maryland. Maryland was playing UNC and the game was brutal. I never saw so many young women so covered with bandages, braces, and other medical remedial material. At least one was carried from the field on a stretcher.

I'm going to try and make it over a game if I can combine it with some other event - got to make these trips from Mass. cost effective until gas falls to $1.25 again (in my dreams).  Haven't seen the FH team play recently so I don't know how good this team is.  I watched a match when we had just moved up to D1 and it seemed pretty tame compared to a match I witnessed a few years before at U. Maryland.  Maryland was playing UNC and the game was brutal.  I never saw so many young women so covered with bandages, braces, and other medical remedial material.  At least one was carried from the field on a stretcher.

15848[/snapback]

I also have never been to a field hockey game. Since we play Loudonville next Wednesday and I will never get tired of seeing UA beat Loudonville in any sport, I will try to make it to my first game next week. To get an idea of what to expect , I looked up the results of the series and they are as follows:

UA won 4-1 in 2005, 2-0 in 2004, 7-1 in 2003, 3-1 in 2002, 5-3 in 2001, 8-0 in 2000, 3-0 in 1999.

So it looks like Loudonville is as bad in field hockey as they are in every other sport

It's pretty confusing. As I coached ice hockey for many years, it was a shock to me how much different it was. Can only use one side of stick, can't stop the ball with anything but the stick. The whistle is blowing all the time and luckily a parent was around to tell me why.

I'm also planning on attending my first ever field hockey game tomorrow night.  Anyone who knows the rules and wants to explain them could feel free to stop by Sutters before the game.  After all, it is chicken wing night.

16011[/snapback]

Statefan, while I know very little about field hockey, I am in the Albany area for some time, and I am interested in the game tonight.

I will be going to Sutter's (as always, with my Taiwanese lady-friend in tow), and hopefully we can meet up.

I will be on my very best behavior tonight.

Regards.