UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Women Basketball not getting any love

Hey has anyone else seem to get the feeling that the Women's Basketball team is getting no love from the Athletic Department? On the website there roster has yet to be updated, the men's roster was updated back in the summer, also the women's schedule has yet to be placed on the Athletic website. The AE has already placed the women's schedule online. I wonder if they are trying to send a message.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Without a doubt the Women's site should be updated immediately.

But before we fans sell them down the river let's remember (even though they're coming off a 7-21 season) to think of where the men's program was just a few year's ago with 5 wins.

I for one and hoping the ladies follow suit with the men and somehow get close to .500 this year and then make a bigger jump the following season.

The one thing for sure is that it's hard to get excited about the women's team if we never get any info on them.

With so many season tickets sold maybe some fans will start showing up and supporting the Ladies.

Let's remember one thing about the women's team before the criticism gets too high. The women, in a sense, have been competing at a higher level than the men have. The RPI for the AE is higher than it is for the men. I don't exactly recall how high the women achieved last season, but teams like Hartford, Binghamton, UNH, Maine, and Vermont have been quite successful in recent years. Perhaps you're correct that changes have to be made, but I think it's a little unfair to compare them closely with the men, as much as the men have improved.

I've always liked/defended Coach Patterson and I agree it's a much tougher conference on the women's side. Eventually though you're going to have to look at how our peers (Bing and the Brook) have adjusted to a tough conference and it's been better than we have to date. We had a very young team last year and hopefully with Higy in the mix they can take a signifigant step forward.

I'm curious about Thrower. She's listed on the prospectus although those aren't alway correct. That would stink if she's left the program.

I've always liked/defended Coach Patterson and I agree it's a much tougher conference on the women's side. Eventually though you're going to have to look at how our peers (Bing and the Brook) have adjusted to a tough conference and it's been better than we have to date. We had a very young team last year and hopefully with Higy in the mix they can take a signifigant step forward.

I'm curious about Thrower. She's listed on the prospectus although those aren't alway correct. That would stink if she's left the program.

16489[/snapback]

I agree that all athletic programs need to progress from infant Division I stage to a more mature status.

I'm putting my faith in Dr. McElroy to adjust personnel as needed. We're all aware of his desire to improve the men's basketball program. I believe he wants to improve the competitiveness of all programs.

In the meantime, I wish the women's team a lot of success this year.

The women's program won a playoff game before the men's did, granted with Warner recruits, but I'm hoping our relapse last year is temporary. We lost an awful lot of leadership and skills up front last year and Tanika's injury hurt a lot. I hope she's back this year.

thrower gone? where/ who told u that, cause it is wrong.

16496[/snapback]

That's great news. I was just reiterating what was in a previous post about Thrower. Glad she'll be returning this year as she is an exciting player to watch.

I'm guessing if she, Mikus, Sanders and Sterling start along with Petersen we could return all five starters next year.

I'm looking forward to seeing her play. I remember she signed early and followed her senior season this past winter. From what I've seen written about her she looks like an incredible recruit.

It's not entirely related but Siena released their women's basketball schedule. We are playing them on Wed Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. The worst part is that it's at the Pepsi. I know I've complained about this before but why can't we play one of these games at the RACC?

Hey DP how about starting a Poll on the under and over for attendance at the November 15th game at the Pepsi.

I'll start at 2,500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY NOT THE RACC?

I can understand that the guys draw atleast 8,500+ ( probably alot more this year) so the RACC would be a little small for all those who want to attend the men's game but I'm sure it could accommodate the women's game.