UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tuesday Trivia

Dane Pound

What's the furthest from Albany any UA team has travelled to play a game or match?

Bonus question: Did Bob87 make that road trip?

16771[/snapback]

2925.75 miles....versus Cal-Berkely...and no, Bob did not make the trip; he has been, I believe, to Utah State and UCLA (for sure!!!)!

I'm not sure if I know the trips to Germany. Did they play a game there? I'm pretty sure Cal isn't the longest distance.

16776[/snapback]

We have played games, unofficial trips, in Germany against German Club teams...1980's and 1990's.

As for Cal, unless there was a trip to Hawaii or Alaska I am unaware of, Cal is the furtherst, being more distant than San Diego (soccer and hoops); Los Angeles (hoops); Montana (Football); Iowa (Football); and Utah (hoops).

What's the furthest from Albany any UA team has travelled to play a game or match?

16771[/snapback]

2925.75 miles....versus Cal-Berkely...and no, Bob did not make the trip; he has been, I believe, to Utah State and UCLA (for sure!!!)!

16772[/snapback]

I don't remember Cal-Berkely . Which sport, I did not make the trip there. I have been to San Diego state 2873 miles, UCLA 2830 miles for basketball last year. This years trip is Utah 2192 miles and Utah Valley State 2214 miles.

I also know the soccer team has played in San Diego a few times, but I have not made any of the games due to work.

Of coarse all of the above basketball trips for me have been flights so I don't really count them for my distance. The furthest I have driven for an Albany game was at Notre Dame 723 miles. Of coarse made it a double header by going to Valparaiso that evening.

Another long trip for the mens basketball team was Long Beach State 2823 miles in 1999-2000. I did not nake the trip although I saw a game at Long beach state last year on the UCLA/San Diego St trip.

Edited by bob87

16771[/snapback]

16772[/snapback]

I don't remember Cal-Berkely . Which sport, I did not make the trip there. I have been to San Diego state 2873 miles, UCLA 2830 miles for basketball last year. This years trip is Utah 2192 miles and Utah Valley State 2214 miles.

I also know the soccer team has played in San Diego a few times, but I have not made any of the games due to work.

Of coarse all of the above basketball trips for me have been flights so I don't really count them for my distance. The furthest I have driven for an Albany game was at Notre Dame 723 miles. Of coarse made it a double header by going to Valparaiso that evening.

Another long trip for the mens basketball team was Long Beach State 2823 miles in 1999-2000. I did not nake the trip although I saw a game at Long beach state last year on the UCLA/San Diego St trip.

16793[/snapback]

Cal was a gift from Ben Braun for when we had donkey dork as our head coach, Beetan, his old associate head coach...hands down furtherst trip.

Forgot about LBSU!!

Gone a long way and come a long way since then. The exhibition games in Poland games were the ones I had in mind when I posted. No doubt Cal was the furthest regular reason game until maybe we get invited to the Great Alaska Shootout.