UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Injuries already

These things happen unfortunitly, the important thing is for the team to be healthy at the start of January. If Iati is out 6 weeks for a toe injury that means he will be avaliable around the end of November. My bigger concern is Brent Wilson does anyone know how long does a heel injury take to recover from? As for Ross hopefully the MRI shows up good.

I didn't see it online, but the T-U clarifies a little today, in "Black and blue look to Purple and Gold":

Iati has a broken right big toe, out one to six weeks

BWilson has a bone spur on the inner right ankle, MRI this morning, might only need rest or cortisone, so he might play and have surgery after the season.

Ross has a 2nd-degree sprain of the MCL, and hoping it's not a tear.

It's not certain if any of the three will be available for Bucknell.

After a morning practice, today's scrimmage will be two 12-minute halves with time stoppages only for free throws, and each team gets one timeout per half. As few as 11 players are available

Brent Wilson played for most of the scrimmage. You could see him walking gingerly when time was out. I spoke with Ross, he said his mri was good. I assume that means his mcl isn't torn. The play was ragged, but everyone looked pretty good. The frshmen aren't in game condition yet. Gifford and Yocum both have nice hands.

Brent Wilson played for most of the scrimmage.  You could see him walking gingerly when time was out.  I spoke with Ross, he said his mri was good.  I assume that means his mcl isn't torn.  The play was ragged, but everyone looked pretty good.  The frshmen aren't in game condition yet.  Gifford and Yocum both have nice hands.

16931[/snapback]

Just to clear something up...all sprains involve tearing of the tendon. When you get into a bad grade II and III...you have issues. MCL tears are often treated w/o surgery (like mine was; I played in a flag (more like tackle) league with DI and DII guys two weeks after my injury...and it healed without issue).

Sounds like Ross has a Grade II...uncomfortable...but you can play with it.

Good to hear.

Wilson's injury sucks. My roommate had that same injury when he played football at UMASS...and it is very painful. Hope he heals (no pun intended)!!!

Edited by Dane96

. . . Wilson's injury sucks.  My roommate had that same injury when he played football at UMASS...and it is very painful.  Hope he heals (no pun intended)!!!

16934[/snapback]

I'm sure he'll get over it. (Pun intended.)

Thanks for the reports on the scrimmage. Glad to hear our freshmen are all involved in play.

I'm concerned about BWilsons injury. Nagging injuries to me are the worst kind (perhaps except for season ending). They never seem to properly heal and always seem to effect the player and prevent him from doing things he should be doing. I was looking for a very solid season from Brent but this injury has me wondering if he will be able to perform up to expectations. What is the typical course of treatment for something like this, rest of surgery? And how badly do you guys thing it will effect his game if he waits until the end of the season to get it taken care of?

Edited by bosiydid

I'm concerned about BWilsons injury.  Nagging injuries to me are the worst kind (perhaps except for season ending).  They never seem to properly heal and always seem to effect the player and prevent him from doing things he should be doing.  I was looking for a very solid season from Brent but this injury has me wondering if he will be able to perform up to expectations.  What is the typical course of treatment for something like this, rest of surgery?  And how badly do you guys thing it will effect his game if he waits until the end of the season to get it taken care of?

16942[/snapback]

A bone spur isnt even something that heals. You have to go in and shave it out. Depending where it is, he can prob play through it. My roommate had the UMASS ATraining staff cut out a cushion from foam to give more shock absorbtion to the area where the spur was.

It sounds like, from what is reported on Fox, that Wilson's injury is a bone spur in the ankle...not heel...which may be why he can play with it.

But your correct and I agree with your sentiment...this injury is of concern because of the nagging aspect!

Edited by Dane96