UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lady Danes vs Siena

BTW the announced attendance of 736 was about double our early-game estimate.  I hope D'Argenio got his money's worth for the rent on the Arena for this 'Capital Region event.

17685[/snapback]

Well, I think they counted many of us twice. We arrived at the arena after work, watched the area's second best women's basketball team win, went for pizza and beer and reentered the Knick in time for the Albany game.

BTW the announced attendance of 736 was about double our early-game estimate.  I hope D'Argenio got his money's worth for the rent on the Arena for this 'Capital Region event.

17685[/snapback]

Attending the men's game more than makes up for the "profit" made on the women's game.

It was great to see the lady's loosen up and start playing well. This first few minutes were painful but after that it was an entertaining game to watch. I think the atmosphere would be better at a smaller venue. You can say all you want about equal facilities but an on campus game between UA & Sienna women would draw far more and be more memorable and exciting for fans and players alike. Don't forget Volleyball Sat. / Sunday - looks like coach Shefield has his women peaking at the right time and T&F scrimmage Sundayat the SEFCU / bubble. Coach Vives has a few secret weapons to surprise the T&F world this year.

I don't see any reason why these games shouldn't be played on campus. The double-header with St. Rose was nice but you could do that at the RACC and ARC as well. There were very few students there last night, other than those from the men's team ( great to see). I don't believe that would be the case if it were on campus.

The difference in quickness was pretty apparent in the first half. Other than Burrell for Siena, the Danes were quicker at just about every position. McGee is a lot of fun to watch, she rarely looks like a freshman out there.

I don't see any reason why these games shouldn't be played on campus. The double-header with St. Rose was nice but you could do that at the RACC and ARC as well.

17694[/snapback]

Although I wasn't able to make it last night's game, I do find the idea of a multi-level (CC or D-III, D-II, D-I) "festival" attractive. How about holding it at a facility with strong ties to the UA/S***na tradition --- the Washington Avenue Armory. Its a great central location, better sized in terms of seats, and wll-outfitted. :D

Today's Gazette article was written by Steve Amedio, their Siena beat reporter. I simply want to quote one sentence: "Albany broke away from a one point halftime lead with inspired, intelligent play that took away nearly everything the Saints tried to do offensively, leaving no doubt about area bragging rights this season while earning a 72-52 victory"

Today's Gazette article was written by Steve Amedio, their Siena beat reporter.  I simply want to quote one sentence:  "Albany broke away from a one point halftime lead with inspired, intelligent play that took away nearly everything the Saints tried to do offensively, leaving no doubt about area bragging rights this season while earning a 72-52 victory"

17720[/snapback]

No mention of the game on the other site today or last night. I thought they were the "Crown Jewel of the MAAC."

Meanwhile the Lady Danes are wearing that necklace proud today and all year long.

Archived