UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game Thread: Sacred Heart

We had an awesome chance to go into the UCONN game undefeated, I fear this loss slowed down our momentum. I was really embarrassed for the way the team played, and even today I'm in a bad mood over the loss. It's not even that we lost, it's how we got our a$$ handed to us. Oh well....on to UCONN so instead of starting the season 3-1 we will probably be .500 going into the Saturday night game. Coach seemed more upset with the way we let Delaware get back into the game (kinda) then our team forgetting their game back in Albany on this trip. What gives?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will not be the only small crowd that the team plays in front of. The box score said 500 fans, looked more like 100. Other small crowds - UNH, Harvard, BUMA, Cornell and UMBC and Hartford won't be much bigger.

I would hope that the crowd is not an excuse - they were just outplayed.

In terms of Jamar's turnovers, he sometimes tries to do too much - he penetrates and has nowhere to go in the lane. He seemed to do more of this when they were down and he was trying to create shots or draw fouls to get to the line.

Coach seemed more upset with the way we let Delaware get back into the game (kinda) then our team forgetting their game back in Albany on this trip. What gives?

I think it's easier to publicly find faults after a 20 point win than to do so after a 20 point loss. I'm sure the kids are upset enough and I don't think that Brown wants to say anything publicly to make them feel worse or put any more pressure on them. I think you look at the film and use this as a teaching opportunity.

Coach seemed more upset with the way we let Delaware get back into the game (kinda) then our team forgetting their game back in Albany on this trip. What gives?

I think it's easier to publicly find faults after a 20 point win than to do so after a 20 point loss. I'm sure the kids are upset enough and I don't think that Brown wants to say anything publicly to make them feel worse or put any more pressure on them. I think you look at the film and use this as a teaching opportunity.

17873[/snapback]

Reeder,

I agree with everything you say here. I think the players are very upset with yesterday's performance. It really struck me last night how UNupset Brown seemed to be with his team during the game, but I am sure he was very frustrated.

Brown said recently in an article with his Siena counterpart that it is counterproductive to see negative comments made about the team on message boards. I think the team's poor performance and the resulting self-analysis by the players is punishment enough.

Let the players do whatever they have to do after such a game. In the meantime, it's time for us fans to move on. We will have other disappointing nights this season, but let's hope we have the same amount of pleasure and joy we experienced last year.

17873[/snapback]

Reeder,

I agree with everything you say here. I think the players are very upset with yesterday's performance. It really struck me last night how UNupset Brown seemed to be with his team during the game, but I am sure he was very frustrated.

Brown said recently in an article with his Siena counterpart that it is counterproductive to see negative comments made about the team on message boards. I think the team's poor performance and the resulting self-analysis by the players is punishment enough.

Let the players do whatever they have to do after such a game. In the meantime, it's time for us fans to move on. We will have other disappointing nights this season, but let's hope we have the same amount of pleasure and joy we experienced last year.

17874[/snapback]

Well said. It was an unexpected loss, but none of us played any minutes, so we cannot be too effected. Coach Brown is one of the better coaches in NCAA basketball, and this team will be ready to play at the end of the year. As for the line-up changes I mentioned, that was more speculation and observation than criticism (I hope).

I do think this team will steadily improve over the season. The front court is very inexperienced and needs time. THAT SAID--I still feel giving up 90 points is unacceptable and I am sure Coach Brown agrees and would be supportive of the fans saying it is unacceptable. We are going to have off nights, and the other team is going to have a great night BUT 90 points???? With the defensive intensity we had the second half of the Bucknell game and the frist 30 minutes of the Delaware game we will be fine. GO GREAT DANES!!

Archived