UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Alumni, Friends, and Family of UAlbany Volleyball:

Hours after returning from a southern California red-eye flight, we received the great news that UAlbany will be hosting the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament. To say that the room was pleasantly surprised would be a big understatement! This is a big event for the university and a tremendous opportunity for the volleyball program. This marks the first time that the school will be hosting a Division I NCAA tournament event. We open against Big East champion St. John's. They have had an unbelievable season going undefeated in the Big East and finishing the year 30-4. 10th-Ranked Minnesota will be coming into town after finishing second in the Big 10. And Siena will be here after winning the MAAC championship for the second year in a row. Needless to say, I hope to see many of you in the stands on Thursday making your presence known and helping to create an awesome home court advantage for us. I hope that you will choose to come and watch the first match also. Thanks for all of the support and we'll see you on Thursday!

GO GREAT DANES!!!

Thursday

6:00 Minnesota Golden Gophers v. Siena Saints

8:00 UAlbany Great Danes v. St. John's Red Storm

Friday

7:00 Winners Meet

Alumni, Friends, and Family of UAlbany Volleyball:

Hours after returning from a southern California red-eye flight, we received the great news that UAlbany will be hosting the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament.  To say that the room was pleasantly surprised would be a big understatement!  This is a big event for the university and a tremendous opportunity for the volleyball program.  This marks the first time that the school will be hosting a Division I NCAA tournament event.  We open against Big East champion St. John's.  They have had an unbelievable season going undefeated in the Big East and finishing the year 30-4.  10th-Ranked Minnesota will be coming into town after finishing second in the Big 10.  And Siena will be here after winning the MAAC championship for the second year in a row.  Needless to say, I hope to see many of you in the stands on Thursday making your presence known and helping to create an awesome home court advantage for us.  I hope that you will choose to come and watch the first match also.  Thanks for all of the support and we'll see you on Thursday!

GO GREAT DANES!!!

Thursday

6:00    Minnesota Golden Gophers v. Siena Saints

8:00    UAlbany Great Danes v. St. John's Red Storm

Friday

7:00    Winners Meet

17933[/snapback]

is it still free for students?

is it still free for students?

17940[/snapback]

No

All-session tickets will be $10 for adults, $6 For students and senior citizens and $4 for children under 12. An all-session pass will include a ticket for each round of play. All-session tickets will be available on Monday, Nov. 27 at 9 a.m. by calling the UAlbany Box Office at (518) 442-4683. Individual tickets will go on sale on Thursday, Nov. 30th. Individual session passes will cost $6 for adults, $5 for students and senior citizens, and $4 for children under 12. All seating for this event is general admission. The UAlbany Box Office is open in the Physical Education Building Monday - Friday 9-4 p.m., and by calling (518) 442-4683.

It should be worth of few bucks to support this team. This is not considered a home match. This is the NCAA tournament! This team needs & deserves our support and attendance this week. They normally have 100-200 in the stands a night. That's about the same that Siena pulls in. St. John's home matches have 200-300, and Minnesota has 2000 - 3000. Yes, that's thousands! Don't embarass this team by not showing up in full force. This is a first for UAlbany...this team & coach has brought a lot of recognition to this school.

Minnesota would have loved to have hosted this tournament. Albany received the bid...we should have the most fans in our stands!

Ashley DeNeal was on Wyland's show today. They haven't seen film of St. John's yet. She politely said sure, there's a chance we could play Siena on Friday. :rolleyes:

Res Life is supposed to be covering the cost of UA student admission, bring your ID.

St. John's is 30-4, finishing with losses to Notre Dame in the conference semifinals, then LSU and Florida. The other loss was to #9 USC. They beat Stony Brook 3-0 in September (28, 26, and 23) and had 23 3-0 sweeps. They don't seem especially tall, two 6-2 and two 6-1 players. One Pennsylvanian, a couple of Hawaiians, 3 or 4 Californians, and a whole bunch of foreign players.

If both sides of the gym are open, I plan to sit behind the team benches so the referee doesn't block the view of the action at the net.

One of the Minnesota newspaper had a story about playing in Albany. It said something like a nice town but forget about catching a cab there. Since when do people from Minnesota get to make fun of us for being a hick town?

Minnesota has had a lot of negative things to say about having to come to Albany for the tournament. Read their posts on some of the Volleyball sites (volleytalk, etc.). They're mad that we're hosting and they're not. They think they are too good to have to travel to play small-town, no-good teams. I think they are going to be in for a surprise!

Bring your friends, family, roommates, strangers on the street. Fill up the Albany section with purple & gold, make some noise and get ready to send Minnesota back home. I feel an upset coming!

First of all...beating St. John's will be considered the 1st upset because they are ranked higher than we are. And if Siena doesn't get Minnesota tonight, we get our chance at them tomorrow.

There will be 2 upsets. Whether they both come tonight, or one tonight and one tomorrow doesn't make much difference.

Just show up to enjoy the moment!

Fun crowd tonight although less lively than the AE Championship game. Hopefully there were enough people there for the NCAA to consider us hosting again.

Was is just me or were there more unforced and service errors on Albany's side tonight than I saw all year. Still a great year and they lost to a very good team.

Archived