UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lance James a Goner....

UAlbany’s James leaves team

January 2, 2007 at 3:49 pm by Mark Singelais

UAlbany freshman point guard Lance James, a walk-on, has quit the team without ever playing a game for the Great Danes. He did not make the trip to Utah.

UAlbany coach Will Brown said James missed his family in Lithia Springs, Ga. and didn’t see much playing time in his future, especially with the arrival next year of point guard Anthony Raffa.

‘’He did well academically, he’s a great kid, but it’s the first time he’s been away from his family for a long period of time,'’ Brown said. ‘’So what he wants to do is go to a junior college in Georgia or Texas, where most of his family is. I thought he had a chance to be a pretty good player, but we signed a point guard (Raffa) who can play at almost any level in the country. Raffa’s averaging about 36 points per game and we’ve got (Jon) Iati back next year, we’ve got (Brian) Lillis back.'’

James averaged 17.9 points and 9.2 assists per game last season for LEAP Academy, a charter school in Camden, N.J. He was named to the New Jersey All-Group I second team.

understandable...with Raffa, Ambrose and Allen on board for next year, can't blame him. Best of luck to the guy.

Very understandable, but I was hoping he would develop his own cult following next year along the lines of my affinity for Mr. Ross.

Having too many capable players is one of the drawbacks of success, but now I guess Bauman can play another year.

Well I think I speak for everyone here when I wish James well. I was surprised that he didn't get into a single game during the OOC schedule. Despite this unfortunite event it does tell us how good Raffa is going to be

Coach B "we signed a point guard (Raffa) who can play at almost any level in the country."

Makes me feel a little better with the pending graduation of Siggers and Jamar.

Well I think I speak for everyone here when I wish James well. I was surprised that he didn't get into a single game during the OOC schedule. Despite this unfortunite event it does tell us how good Raffa is going to be

Coach B "we signed a point guard (Raffa) who can play at almost any level in the country."

Makes me feel a little better with the pending graduation of Siggers and Jamar.

Makes me a bit nervous when we say that Raffa can play at almost any level - it might be true but it just adds to the expectations that the kid may struggle to meet.

Also, I do wish Lance James well. I hate to see him leave because you don't know if he will actually enroll in a JC and eventually graduate - that's what really matters in the end (whatever happened to Joe Dyson or the JC transfer that left after one semester two years ago?).

Archived