UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brackbuster

UA MA 2000 - you've gotten way off track this is a Bracketbuster thread not a Siena thread.

Look for UA to be in a TV game - an actual Bracketbuster game, while Siena will be with the mass of other teams playing common RPI opponents. In Siena's case they will have to travel next season to return the game while UA will get another solid home game next season at SEFCU.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UA MA 2000 - you've gotten way off track this is a Bracketbuster thread not a Siena thread.

Look for UA to be in a TV game - an actual Bracketbuster game, while Siena will be with the mass of other teams playing common RPI opponents. In Siena's case they will have to travel next season to return the game while UA will get another solid home game next season at SEFCU.

Excellent point Patch, get a TV game and a solid return game. Can't beat that......well we can by winning the televised game.

Just did a search on the Internet --- apparently, Siena has won at least two NCAA games (I never knew): 1989 (beating #3 seed Stanford, 80-78) and 2002, when they beat Alcorn State in the play-in game (I guess it still counts as a NCAA Tournament win). That was the year (2002) when Maryland beat Indiana in the title game.

Found the info on a neat little website: www.infoplease.com

In 2002 Maryland beat Siena who had a losing record in the FIRST round.

It is always more impressive to earn a bye or a spot in the field than to have to play an extra game just to get there.

Same thing with the conference tournament. The winner of the 8-9 game is not "better" than teams 1-7 becuase they got a conference tournament win. They just earned a spot to the quarters that other teams already had earned.

But like Patch said, the point of the thread is bracketbuster.

It looks like we are 12th in the away team RPI. Home 11-13 is Toledo, Oral Roberts and George Mason.I would like any of those, but would prefer George Mason.

Just did a search on the Internet --- apparently, Siena has won at least two NCAA games (I never knew): 1989 (beating #3 seed Stanford, 80-78) and 2002, when they beat Alcorn State in the play-in game (I guess it still counts as a NCAA Tournament win). That was the year (2002) when Maryland beat Indiana in the title game.

Found the info on a neat little website: www.infoplease.com

In 2002 Maryland beat Siena who had a losing record in the FIRST round.

It is always more impressive to earn a bye or a spot in the field than to have to play an extra game just to get there.

Same thing with the conference tournament. The winner of the 8-9 game is not "better" than teams 1-7 becuase they got a conference tournament win. They just earned a spot to the quarters that other teams already had earned.

But like Patch said, the point of the thread is bracketbuster.

It looks like we are 12th in the away team RPI. Home 11-13 is Toledo, Oral Roberts and George Mason.I would like any of those, but would prefer George Mason.

We will go to Tulsa.....play Oral Roberts....and we will be healed! ORU is coached by Eddie Sutton's older son, Scott Sutton

The Mabee Center,on the ORU campus is an outstanding collegiate arena, has been the Golden Eagles' home since 1972. The arena bears the named of John and Lottie Mabee, who established the Mabee Foundation in 1948 in Tulsa. The benevolences of this foundation are evident throughout the Southwest.

Archived