UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brackbuster

With the Bracketbuster game only about a month away now, I'm interested in thoughts on possible opponents. Last year I know there was a website that compared home and away buster teams side-by-side, based on their RPI. Does anyone remember that address..or if they even have it again this year?

I think we'll have to rattle off a number of wins to give us a reasonable chance of a tv game. Hopefully our appeal from our game against UConn last year along with Jamar Wilson will boost our chances of having ESPN pick us for it.

At Marist would be nice, as well as some MAC (Buffalo) and CAA teams. Match-ups will be announced in the last couple days of this month, so there's just about 2 weeks now until we find out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian,

here is the website:

http://thebracketboard.blogspot.com/2007_0...rd_archive.html

he thinks albany will play oral roberts right now.

based on his standings, it also says the great danes have a chance for a rematch vs siena...but i dont think that would happen

based on his standings, it also says the great danes have a chance for a rematch vs siena...but i dont think that would happen

I don't think we can play them..I think the BB has a rule where you can't play a team that you already played in the season. Meaning Siena, VCU, Bucknell, and Delaware are all out.

Iona's got the lead in the second half tonight against Fairfield....I hope the selection committee doesn't get any crazy ideas.

As for that Iona time, a big part of me is rooting for continued futility in this "perfect storm" of a season for them. Maybe it's mean, but I would love to see how Ruland handles a winless season.

I think we should play Hofstra. They are 10-5 right now and undefested in CAA play. They were close to an at large last year and very well could take home the CAA title this season. Thought I don't see ESPN matching them up against us. They will most likely have them playing someone like Butler, or SIU

Hofstra would be MINT! (for me personally)

I could go to the game and walk home if the situation dictated that.

I'm also a big fan of the Dutchmen (not the Pride) from back in the Jay Wright days.

You can all go ahead and call me a homer but Hofstra would be a good deal for me.

SSS

I think we should play Hofstra. They are 10-5 right now and undefested in CAA play. They were close to an at large last year and very well could take home the CAA title this season. Thought I don't see ESPN matching them up against us. They will most likely have them playing someone like Butler, or SIU

I'm also a big fan of the Dutchmen (not the Pride) from back in the Jay Wright days.

You can all go ahead and call me a homer but Hofstra would be a good deal for me.

SSS

Same here my man, but i started with the Speedy Claxton days

SSS

Same here my man, but i started with the Speedy Claxton days

Which would be the Jay Wright days. Jay recruited Speedy.

I started in 1992...when my buddy was named Captain of Dutchman baseball team as a Sophmore transfer (he was a stud...2nd in NYC player of the year voting behind Manny Ramirez). The man who shared a co-joining suite with him.....WAYNE CHREBET.

FYI: In recent e-mail correspondence with Donna LaRocca, she has stated that she will look into the possibility of an alumni bus for the BracketBuster game, opponent permitting. She stated that she will recontact me on Monday morning.

Opponent Permitting we can all "pre-game" at my house and take a bus from here, if you know what I mean?

SSS!

As of yesterday, the prediction at http://thebracketboard.blogspot.com/2007_0...rd_archive.html is for UAlbany to play at Toledo, with the game to be televised on ESPN 360.

Does anyone know the breakdown of the TV games between Friday and Saturday. Last year we played on ESPNU on Friday night. If we are playing Friday unless it is Marist, I will be watching on TV at home or the pub. If it is Saturday, I am there if it is drivable( about 600 miles or less).

Archived