UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post-game Stony Stories

SBU does a good job of "ugly-ing up" games. Sounds like that is what they did.

I love T-U blogs - Singelais and Iorizzo do a decent job with that stuff. However, Will seems to be doing an awful lot of posturing with the officiating this year - there has been 3 or 4 instances where he's ticked off to the point it appears to be affecting his team. Jamar may have been getting beat-up off the ball - but that's going to happen when you're the best player on a team. I like Will - but he goes flying off the deep end too often. He's got one big chip on his shoulder. Also, I know he was screaming about the schedule you guys had this week - but how come he waited until last week to address it? Didn't the schedule come out over the summer? He's letting too many things bother him - and before he knows it, you guys will be three or four games out of first place.

SBU does a good job of "ugly-ing up" games. Sounds like that is what they did.

I love T-U blogs - Singelais and Iorizzo do a decent job with that stuff. However, Will seems to be doing an awful lot of posturing with the officiating this year - there has been 3 or 4 instances where he's ticked off to the point it appears to be affecting his team. Jamar may have been getting beat-up off the ball - but that's going to happen when you're the best player on a team. I like Will - but he goes flying off the deep end too often. He's got one big chip on his shoulder. Also, I know he was screaming about the schedule you guys had this week - but how come he waited until last week to address it? Didn't the schedule come out over the summer? He's letting too many things bother him - and before he knows it, you guys will be three or four games out of first place.

It seems Albany did voice objections over the preliminary schedule. The only change the league made was to switch the Stony Brook games. from road on 1/15 to home, and home on 2/22 to road.

At least he hasn't gotten himself thrown out of the game by the refs.

I'm sure every coach says stuff to the refs that wouldn't look good in print; Singelais' seat is right next to the Albany bench so he could hear what was said during the game. This wasn't posturing or post-game comments.

They did protest the schedule in the summer, I think this SBU game was originally on LI, and they switched it to save us traveling again. whoopee.

soup,

I think it was a very appropriate time for Brown to make his comments about the schedule. He made them just before we began the brutal 4-game stretch. That's the logical time to make the comment; it's called a "timely" remark.

I agree with UAalum72 about the remarks on officiating. If Singelais were not writing his blogs this year, Brown's comments wouldn't have made the press at all. With the development of a new medium in the press come the good and the bad. Personally, since I've never coached a college basketball team, I find the new insights we have this year very interesting and enlightening.

Second in regard to comments on the officiating, we have someone new at most/all UAlbany games this year commenting on the jobs the referees do. Doc Sauers writes up his evaluations on the work the refs do, and these commentaries are passed on to the league office as input on which future refs the league will employ. It's another way of getting the best value for the work paid.

Trina Patterson was on Dan Murphy's show yesterday. Asked if her pregnancy got her any kinder, gentler treatment from the refs she said no; one game she threw down the clipboard, the ref said she shouldn't do that, Trina said she wouldn't if he'd call the game right, and she got T'd up.

BTW her due date is Jan. 29 but they think delivery may be a little early.

Tomorrow is the noon game. Charlie's told her about 600 schoolkids are expected to attend. (this will be an improvement over the 23 or so who showed up last year).

I think I have been drained by the recent basketball schedule, as I have barely anything to contribute regarding the most recent game.

My only comment would be: How can Stony Brook travel with 17 players? Should I assume that with the scholarship maximum at 13 that they have 4 walk-ons? It seems odd that Stony Brook, especially with its lack of recent success, would be able to convince four players to be walk-ons. As a state school with lower tuition I guess these players could get grants, but it seemed like a lot of players. Does anyone out there know the maximum number of players allowed?

I think I have been drained by the recent basketball schedule, as I have barely anything to contribute regarding the most recent game.

My only comment would be: How can Stony Brook travel with 17 players? Should I assume that with the scholarship maximum at 13 that they have 4 walk-ons? It seems odd that Stony Brook, especially with its lack of recent success, would be able to convince four players to be walk-ons. As a state school with lower tuition I guess these players could get grants, but it seemed like a lot of players. Does anyone out there know the maximum number of players allowed?

Last I knew the roster max was 15. 13 scholarship and 2 walk on. I noticed that SB had a 12 man bench.

Last I knew the roster max was 15. 13 scholarship and 2 walk on. I noticed that SB had a 12 man bench.

Which put Neto even closer to us when he took his seat at the end of the bench. You know you're in a players head when they start paying more attention to what you're saying/doing than what's going on in the game. Players like that make our job fun! :P

Archived