UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2007-08 season tickets

I know I'm jumping the gun a little here, but as a new season ticket holder, I was wondering how the ticketes are doled out for the next year. Are you contacted by the athletic department and offered better seats? or to keep your current seats? just looking for some info. Also, if we make it to the title game again what is the ticket situation. Appreciate any info I can get. thanks

Season ticket holders get notified before tickets go on sale to the general public. You can ask for the same seats, or an upgrade as they become available. Various packages include football tickets, and parking in the arena lot. IIRC last year season ticket holders could buy up to 8 championship game tickets before the public, but that may not hold this year with so many more ST holders than we had in the past. NCAA tickets went first to larger donors, then a drawing for ST holders for about 50 tickets.

Season ticket holders get notified before tickets go on sale to the general public. You can ask for the same seats, or an upgrade as they become available. Various packages include football tickets, and parking in the arena lot. IIRC last year season ticket holders could buy up to 8 championship game tickets before the public, but that may not hold this year with so many more ST holders than we had in the past. NCAA tickets went first to larger donors, then a drawing for ST holders for about 50 tickets.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

If you have any questions re. season tickets or anything else ticket related....call Assistant AD/Marketing & Tickets, Rob Totaro at 437-4415. He will answer your questions. Rob is very customer friendly and helpful.

Are we obligated to release a certain amount of tickets to the opposing team? I understand that right now we are not selling out the CUE every single game so by shutting out the opposing fans we lose a little bit of revenue, but if and when that day comes can we keep the opposing fans out of our building?

Are we obligated to release a certain amount of tickets to the opposing team? I understand that right now we are not selling out the CUE every single game so by shutting out the opposing fans we lose a little bit of revenue, but if and when that day comes can we keep the opposing fans out of our building?

I think it's an NCAA rule, a certain number (about 50?) must be given for visitors' officials, players' families, etc which of course they can give to anybody - that may be how we got into the Vermont game. Da Bears weren't selling advance seating to anybody more than 100 miles from Chicago last week, but I don't think you can ask for ID and home address at the ticket window.

I thought it was that you had to give a certain percentage of your seats to the visiting team like, siena has to give a few more tickets to visitors than UA b/c of the size of the place. I might be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

The tickets Siena gives to UA is not standard. It is part of the last contract negotiated between UA and Siena as compensation for all the games being played on Siena's home court. It is not nearly enough in my opinion and does not apply to normal series which are played home and home over 1 season for conference opponents and 2 seasons for Non conference opponents.

I am not sure if it is an Ncaa rule or a conference rule but the 50 seats sounds about right for a regular season game. The conference has a different rule for the conference championship game. I think that was about 400 -600 or 10% , but don't quote me on the actual figures.

I thought it was that you had to give a certain percentage of your seats to the visiting team like, siena has to give a few more tickets to visitors than UA b/c of the size of the place. I might be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

The tickets Siena gives to UA is not standard. It is part of the last contract negotiated between UA and Siena as compensation for all the games being played on Siena's home court. It is not nearly enough in my opinion and does not apply to normal series which are played home and home over 1 season for conference opponents and 2 seasons for Non conference opponents.

I am not sure if it is an Ncaa rule or a conference rule but the 50 seats sounds about right for a regular season game. The conference has a different rule for the conference championship game. I think that was about 400 -600 or 10% , but don't quote me on the actual figures.

I was kinda wondering that...because it seemed like there were a lot of Vermont fans at the championship game last year (even excluding those who claimed they were Albany fans when ordering the tickets).

I also wonder what the rule is for most of the conferences who don't play the championship game at the higher ranked team's home. What happens if the host of the tournament gets into the championship game? What are the seating requirements? I've always been kinda curious about that.

Archived