UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boston University game

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52-50, UAlbany.

That guy inside for Boston University is tough, as are their guards. I think both of their guards (one sat out tonight with a foot injury) are freshman too. In pregame, the America East announcers said that every coach has to pick, before the season starts, an A.E. team that will win the America East. The coach can't pick their own team. They said Coach Brown selected Boston University because of their incoming freshman guards.

A road win is a road win and we will take it. Watched it on AE tv. Anyone notice that they said UA is first in free throw % in AE at 73% but we always seem to miss crucial ones like Lillis tonight with that 1 and 1 at the end and Brent missing the second. Could have sewn this up earlier if we just hit the damn free throws. I guess we need Covington at the line in clutch time, has 12 in a row I believe. Good win! hope Jamar's limping is minor.

52-50, UAlbany.

That guy inside for Boston University is tough, as are their guards. I think both of their guards (one sat out tonight with a foot injury) are freshman too. In pregame, the America East announcers said that every coach has to pick, before the season starts, an A.E. team that will win the America East. The coach can't pick their own team. They said Coach Brown selected Boston University because of their incoming freshman guards.

Nice win in Beantown. We'll enjoy one there while we can.

Dane84,

With all due respect is this really a time to bash this team? Let's be positive, it was an extremely hard fought victory. We didn't fold under pressure and came back to win.

This win is huge because this puts some distance between us and BU who was only .5 game behind us in the standings. Not to mention this was a road game, any road win is a great win. I'm a very happy man right now.

Dane84,

With all due respect is this really a time to bash this team? Let's be positive, it was an extremely hard fought victory. We didn't fold under pressure and came back to win.

This win is huge because this puts some distance between us and BU who was only .5 game behind us in the standings. Not to mention this was a road game, any road win is a great win. I'm a very happy man right now.

Any win against BU(MA) is a great win. It's only the 3rd time. Our opponents even came back well last year at home in the Big Purple Growl. Since there seems to be less dissension on this team than in the last couple years, I expect them to give us a good game at home as well.

I can't take all these close games. I don't think it's natural to have heart attacks at the ripe age of 22..ha.

Glad we pulled it out. I was worried after the slow start to the second half and our lack of ability to capitalize on BU errors in the 2nd half. Turned up the defense for the last few minutes and hit just enough of our shots..a few key rebounds in the last minute or so as well.

According to Pomeroy, the game against BU(MA) was the last game we were predicted by their services to lose this season. If you're looking for potential heart attacks, however, don't look at the remaining predictions. We were listed tonight as 4-point underdogs.

Now's the time when I wish I put more stock into these predictions. :closedeyes:

We have 4 remaining road games in America East Conference play: at UNH, at Hartford, at Maine, and at Stonybrook. All will be tougher than the home games that we have already played (4-0 in those 4 games), but I would select the game at Maine as being the most difficult game. If I recall correctly, Maine was predicted to finish in 2d place this season, and they have been on a tear since the UAlbany game, going 3-0, beating Binghamton, UMBC, and Vermont (at VMT).

OK...EVERY CAN EXHALE!!!!

this game showed tons of holes. Covington looked terrible and we were owned in the paint tonight. Brent Wilson was solid and great rebounding to finish it off. However, once again, we come out sleeping at halftime. It has been a common theme with them all year, lucky for them they were not bit by it tonight.

Dude...I respect you but after being at the game...you are so off base. Were you watching the game...read below.

Archived