UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Come on Over an visit the Broncos

Nice gesture, BroncoBob.

You guys have a very respectable and growing program. Good luck with your basketball season, except of course for one particular game.

As for your offer, I see one member here has already made his presence known. Who did? "BoiseDid".....I know, bad pun.

Nice gesture, BroncoBob.

You guys have a very respectable and growing program. Good luck with your basketball season, except of course for one particular game.

As for your offer, I see one member here has already made his presence known. Who did? "BoiseDid".....I know, bad pun.

Our biggest problems is converting all those football fans over to basketball. They seem to expect the same level of success and that is not going to happen.

Broncos have never won a NCAA Tournament game....

Bob: Thank you for joining our forum. It's nice to see a BSU fan take interest in UAlbany and make an attempt to engage in a conversation with UAlbany fans! I'll try to do the same at your forum. Is it true that many BSU fans have never heard of the city or University of Albany? Tell us about your team; what are they like?

Bob: Thank you for joining our forum. It's nice to see a BSU fan take interest in UAlbany and make an attempt to engage in a conversation with UAlbany fans! I'll try to do the same at your forum. Is it true that many BSU fans have never heard of the city or University of Albany? Tell us about your team; what are they like?

I just hope we get the same respect on his board. I just looked at it and saw tons of ignorance flowing forth

Yeah, it still amazes me that people out there aren't aware of the capital of New York State. In fact, it scares me.

Anybody who has ever tried to teach geography doesn't have a clue how much ignorance there is out there about the subject. When I taught my first Global 9 course, I was very nervous that I wouldn't be capable of teaching the course content. I was beginning a unit on sub-Saharan Africa, and I asked my students if they knew any country south of the Sahara. The first answer was Australia, the second New Zealand. I thought charitably, at least these places are south of the Equator. But the third answer was Yugoslavia, and now I became very nervous for a much different reason.

Most people outside the Northeast think New York State is simply one big asphalted parking lot from Montauk to Buffalo.

Welcome Bronco Bob. Sorry you had trouble with the registration process but I see you got everything straightened out.

In defense of Broncos fans I have to admit I don't know much about Boise State basketball. They probably know more than I do about them thanks to last year's UConn game.

Checking out the college blog today in the Times Union, I discovered a possible reason why we are playing Boise State in the BracketBuster. It seems that Carl Ross has already played against Coby Carl, SU's "star guard." Twice, in fact, because Ross's school, Fresno State, is in the same league.

Hopefully, Ross can give Coach Brown a lot of insight into how our opponent plays.

I don't think they were our first choice!

The Times Union has an article about Siena's participation in the BracketBuster, and Coach McCaffery is quoted as saying that the school submitted a list of 5 schools which it was interested in playing. I'm wondering about whether Boise State was on our short list of 5.

Sorry about the double post on Carl Ross. I forgot that the same info had been posted here last evening.

Yeah, it still amazes me that people out there aren't aware of the capital of New York State. In fact, it scares me.

I can't speak for all Bronco fans, but I actually went to grade school and I had to learn all the State Capitols.

At least they know where NY is. Idaho is often confused with Iowa.

Current Bracket Buster projections show Vermont going to Spokane to play in the NCAA tourney.....if Albany knocks off Vermont, Albany could go to Spokane.

If that happens, I will be there cheering for the Great Danes from my front row seat in Section 109.....

That would be so cool......

Archived