UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown . com

Latest update:

We just completed our third game in a span of five days. It started at home against Binghamton on the 3rd, then on to Hartford on the 5th, and we finished up last night at Maine on the 7th. We had the opportunity to play four games in seven days in early January. We went 6-1 during those difficult stretches! I have to give our team a lot of credit for sticking together and finding a way to get it done. We have an interesting group. They really expect to win and understand what it takes to win! They just stare adversity right in the face and find a way to be successful!

The Maine win was a good one for us. They had won six of their last seven heading in to the game. They beat Vermont at Vermont. Maine is dangerous because they can score the ball from just about every position. Brett Gifford did a great job against Maine. Brett was very active and really pounded the glass hard. Jamar played without the knee brace and seemed to be a little more explosive. We held Maine to 34% shooting and dominated them on the boards. When we defend and rebound at a high level we are tough to beat.

Next up is Vermont. They are playing well and this will be a very tough game for us. We will play much better than we did in Burlington. We are a better team now. We self destructed in the last eight minutes of the game at Vermont. We actually lost that game on the offensive end of the floor. This game will be sold out. Our fans have been outstanding. SEFCU Arena has become the most difficult facility in the America East Conference for a road team to get a win. The atmosphere has been unbelievable. The team and the coaching staff really appreciate the support.

See all of you on Sunday!.

If UA makes it to back to back NCAA's how much longer can we expect to have him as our head coach? Would they rework his deal again to keep him? Or are there incentives in his contract for various achievements?

Him continuing to win will only make him a hot commodity, at some point someone will probably come in and steal him.

If UA makes it to back to back NCAA's how much longer can we expect to have him as our head coach? Would they rework his deal again to keep him? Or are there incentives in his contract for various achievements?

Him continuing to win will only make him a hot commodity, at some point someone will probably come in and steal him.

I actually heard about that last year on Murphy's law (or was it Wyland?). Had we won the UConn game, i wouldn't have expected Brown to be our coach this year. They don't have any deal in place that forces him and the school said it wouldn't want to keep a coach who didn't want to stay at UA. I agree with that. Though it would be a huge loss for us, you gotta give Brown what he's earned. He's a great coach and if his dream is to coach a big program, then good for him when he gets there. I'm just glad we picked him up and have him now. He's done so much for our program already and he seems to love it here, so i'm not really expecting things to change too soon.

I actually heard about that last year on Murphy's law (or was it Wyland?). Had we won the UConn game, i wouldn't have expected Brown to be our coach this year. They don't have any deal in place that forces him and the school said it wouldn't want to keep a coach who didn't want to stay at UA. I agree with that. Though it would be a huge loss for us, you gotta give Brown what he's earned. He's a great coach and if his dream is to coach a big program, then good for him when he gets there. I'm just glad we picked him up and have him now. He's done so much for our program already and he seems to love it here, so i'm not really expecting things to change too soon.

I hear ya..... I'm very happy that he is our coach. I don't know what his long term aspirations are but it would be nice if he pulled a Doc and became a lifer. If and when he moves on at some point, I will be sad to see him go, but I understand that it's a personal choice, one he deserves to make after setting us up to be a successful D1 program.

I guess, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he remains our coach for as long as he coaches D1 but I realize that it might not be very realistic.

I hear ya..... I'm very happy that he is our coach. I don't know what his long term aspirations are but it would be nice if he pulled a Doc and became a lifer. If and when he moves on at some point, I will be sad to see him go, but I understand that it's a personal choice, one he deserves to make after setting us up to be a successful D1 program.

I guess, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he remains our coach for as long as he coaches D1 but I realize that it might not be very realistic.

We all know basketball economics, however unless it is a monster job (e.g. A-Ten or Big East level) I dont expect will to go anywhere for at least another season or so. His ENTIRE FAMILY is here, including his wife's family who is from the area.

Will, right now, has something coveted in the coaching world: great kids, great familial support, university support, student support, and COMMUNITY SUPPORT.

With the new stadium on the horizon, there are all kinds of possibilities for UA to upgrade its entire profile to bring in more $$$ and in turn, pay will a bit more.

THE ONLY SMALL STEP JOB I could see him taking is HOFSTRA.

I know Will Brown is very happy here. It would be nice if he pulled a "Doc'. But, we need to be realistic. With the success he has built and will continue to have here, it will only be a matter of time when other "bigger" schools come a'calling. I hope we can hold on to him for awhile longer at least.

Will, right now, has something coveted in the coaching world: great kids, great familial support, university support, student support, and COMMUNITY SUPPORT.

I agree with you on those things although I'd argue that Coach Brown brought about 4 of them through his efforts and for that I think we'll always be grateful to him.

As far as I'm concerned no matter what happens in the future he'll always be here. As a program you're only going to have one coach come in and build a program into what he's turned this into - in fact some programs never have one. I'm pretty sure Will Brown and Albany will always be linked, no matter what happens, they both got their start there.

As 96 pointed out there's no denying basketball economics. There might be ups and downs in our future but that's all the more reason to enjoy the season we're having right now

Archived