UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the upsets going around the NCAA's I think Albany is a lock for a 14 seed. If Pitt gets a 3 seed (they are probably a 2 seed), I think we play them in Buffalo.

Thats what im hoping anyways as Ive had tix to Buffalo since last year (being a fan of college basketball in general). If last year didnt put UA on the map...this year certainly will!!

I think we get the 14 seed. If one was to do the math ESPN's projected 15 seeds have an average of 116RPI. We will be somewhere in the 80-85 range. Of the projected 15 seeds only one has an RPI of 86 and thats Long Beech, our strength of schedule is some 60 points higher then them. I don't know how we slip to 15 since RPI is fairly strong for a 15. Also, I don't think there is any way in hell we get the 13th. I think had we beat Boise St. we'd have an outside chance at 13th seed.

14 v Memphis

16 vs Ohio State

You think we get the 16th seed? Your kidding right?

As happy as I am to see Albany win...they are still an unknown, unproven low mid-major team. As it will shake out...just like there is very little difference among the 1-3's, there isn't a whole lot of difference at the bottom. And a lot of the at large teams are better and more "known" than the danes.

14 v Memphis

16 vs Ohio State

You think we get the 16th seed? Your kidding right?

As happy as I am to see Albany win...they are still an unknown, unproven low mid-major team. As it will shake out...just like there is very little difference among the 1-3's, there isn't a whole lot of difference at the bottom. And a lot of the at large teams are better and more "known" than the danes.

I'm not arguing that there a big between the 1-3. The folks on the selection committee know more then the average fan, so even though we aren't all that well known around the country mathematically it wold be very difficult to justify a 16th seed. I can see a 15 but no way will it be a 16. How?

Archived