UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA---UA-UA-UA---UA--UA!!!!!!!!

1. While we're on the topic, does anyone have an audio recording of the UA-UA-UA chant?

2. Alternatively, did anyone here on this forum post those "youtube" videos from the Vermont game this month (they are great BTW!)? If so, I would love to get a copy of the audio file in the case of the UA chant, and the video files in the case of the youtube postings (PM me, and I can provide you with an e-mail that you can send attachments to).

3. My reason for requesting these is rather juvenile to some, but important nonetheless to me and hundreds, if not thousands, of others --- I would simply like to send the files (or one of those "youtube" videos that have the us chanting UA-UA-UA as other UA fans rush Vermont's court) to a couple video game makers (specifically, EA Sports and 2k Sports) so that their NCAA college basketball games, which feature many other school's crowd chants, accurately reflect our crowd in the SEFCU Arena. I had also planned on, simply in my own capacity independent of the school and its agents, sending pictures that I took of the SEFCU Arena to the video game makers so that they could get the graphics for our SEFCU Arena correct (my g/f asked me why I was taking so many general pictures of the arena, and I wisely declined to answer that question)! Yes, I'm 31 and play video games, and I'm proud of it. :)

But seriously, getting our arena and crowd accurately depicted in video games is a tremendous way of advertising our program to kids all across the America. I was just in Best Buy a few weeks ago taking a break from shopping and watching this kid play NCAA hoops for XBox 360, and one of the workers commented: "That's the best college hoops game ever made!" Wouldn't it be nice to have our court, arena, and crowd accurately depicted in a game that thousands of kids and adults play across the country and world? Moreover, I bet those at SEFCU would want this, since our basketball court in the 2007 version of the game still says Albany or UAlbany or something to that effect --- and not SEFCU Arena (through no fault of the game makers; I believe the game came out before the SEFCU deal).

But seriously, for those who play these college basketball video games, how cool would it be to hear our fans chant the jingles that we do while playing in the CU? And for the older folks on here who don't play v-games or don't really understand them, ask your kids---I bet they would love to see what I envision for these games! I just hope the game makers are receptive to my requests and assistance! :)

seeing those videos definitely makes me happy. The last game I was at this year was our home loss to Vermont and seeing all them Vermont fans pretty much celebrate the regular season title at the Cue had me very angry. Glad we got to repay the favor!

May I ask a question here for the Danes fans?

Honestly, is the UA-UA-UA chant copied from the Mets fan chat of Jose, Jose, Jose for Jose Reyes? Let's be honest here.

We also copied the "Let's go Danes" and "D-fence", to be honest.

I know, we are ripping everyone of here. I say we promptly return any unoriginal idea before we get our asses dragged into court.

Sure, the day Loudonville returns the name saints to New Orleans and St Lawrence University.

1. While we're on the topic, does anyone have an audio recording of the UA-UA-UA chant?

2. Alternatively, did anyone here on this forum post those "youtube" videos from the Vermont game this month (they are great BTW!)? If so, I would love to get a copy of the audio file in the case of the UA chant, and the video files in the case of the youtube postings (PM me, and I can provide you with an e-mail that you can send attachments to).

3. My reason for requesting these is rather juvenile to some, but important nonetheless to me and hundreds, if not thousands, of others --- I would simply like to send the files (or one of those "youtube" videos that have the us chanting UA-UA-UA as other UA fans rush Vermont's court) to a couple video game makers (specifically, EA Sports and 2k Sports) so that their NCAA college basketball games, which feature many other school's crowd chants, accurately reflect our crowd in the SEFCU Arena. I had also planned on, simply in my own capacity independent of the school and its agents, sending pictures that I took of the SEFCU Arena to the video game makers so that they could get the graphics for our SEFCU Arena correct (my g/f asked me why I was taking so many general pictures of the arena, and I wisely declined to answer that question)! Yes, I'm 31 and play video games, and I'm proud of it. :)

But seriously, getting our arena and crowd accurately depicted in video games is a tremendous way of advertising our program to kids all across the America. I was just in Best Buy a few weeks ago taking a break from shopping and watching this kid play NCAA hoops for XBox 360, and one of the workers commented: "That's the best college hoops game ever made!" Wouldn't it be nice to have our court, arena, and crowd accurately depicted in a game that thousands of kids and adults play across the country and world? Moreover, I bet those at SEFCU would want this, since our basketball court in the 2007 version of the game still says Albany or UAlbany or something to that effect --- and not SEFCU Arena (through no fault of the game makers; I believe the game came out before the SEFCU deal).

But seriously, for those who play these college basketball video games, how cool would it be to hear our fans chant the jingles that we do while playing in the CU? And for the older folks on here who don't play v-games or don't really understand them, ask your kids---I bet they would love to see what I envision for these games! I just hope the game makers are receptive to my requests and assistance! :)

Haha, I must admit, i also play College Hoops. You can make your own chants in College Hoops 2k7, if you haven't played it yet. So hearing the UA chant is possible if you do it on your own. I was very dissapointed with 2k6 because they ruined the RACC. I saw a brief snippet of 2k7 in Best Buy as well and it looks like they got a pretty good version of the Cue. The colors are at least right this time!

Haha, I must admit, i also play College Hoops. You can make your own chants in College Hoops 2k7, if you haven't played it yet. So hearing the UA chant is possible if you do it on your own. I was very dissapointed with 2k6 because they ruined the RACC. I saw a brief snippet of 2k7 in Best Buy as well and it looks like they got a pretty good version of the Cue. The colors are at least right this time!

Hrmm, I bet I could play that video off youtube on my PC and into a microphone attached to the XBox 360 and get the chant that way (or something to that effect) ... . The RACC is better in 2007, but could still use improvements (such as changing the name of the arena and also the court itself --- especially the baselines), and the uniforms need to be updated because our home uniforms aren't solid yellow anymore. Oh well, progress!

Hrmm, I bet I could play that video off youtube on my PC and into a microphone attached to the XBox 360 and get the chant that way (or something to that effect) ... . The RACC is better in 2007, but could still use improvements (such as changing the name of the arena and also the court itself --- especially the baselines), and the uniforms need to be updated because our home uniforms aren't solid yellow anymore. Oh well, progress!

yeah, I couldn't agree more. I was not thrilled with the games this year simply because they had misinformation about UA in the games.

Archived