UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA---UA-UA-UA---UA--UA!!!!!!!!

May I ask a question here for the Danes fans?

Honestly, is the UA-UA-UA chant copied from the Mets fan chat of Jose, Jose, Jose for Jose Reyes? Let's be honest here.

Be honest about what?

That the UA chat is from the Mets fans' Jose chant. BTW - Yankees over Mets this year.. ;-)

Honestly, is the UA-UA-UA chant copied from the Mets fan chat of Jose, Jose, Jose for Jose Reyes? Let's be honest here.

We also copied the "Let's go Danes" and "D-fence", to be honest.

I know, we are ripping everyone of here. I say we promptly return any unoriginal idea before we get our asses dragged into court.

MTS, I think you might have it backwards, but I'm not sure: The UA chant was around before the Mets' chant started, correct (I am not sure, that's why I'm asking)? As far as I know, the UA chant has been around for at least two seasons now (at least), and I'm not sure if the Mets were doing that chant two years ago (didn't Jose only start playing in in the "bigs" in 2005?). I have gone to Mets' games (only when the Yanks are on the road), and I only have heard that chant last season at Shea. Nonetheless, the chant is from the worldwide-known jingle, "Ole," so the tune of that chant was created neither at Shea (sorry) or at UA. It is a famous soccer chant all across the world, so I'm not sure if the Mets' can claim that one. Sorry.

And if you're fan of Loudenville Area Technical College, and I do appreciate your curiosity of course, I'd worry more about your own students and your own chants. I went to 3 of your games this year, and the loudest you guys ever got (that I heard) was on the road at Marist late in the season (until overtime at least). BTW, I enjoyed rushing the court not only in Vermont this March, but also at Marist in February. If anyone else here was at that Marist game against LCC, they would have noticed that the Marist students also sang "Ole, Ole" at one point during the game. Made me kinda feel like I was at home (especially the rushing of the court part). :)

Also, I think we're okay on using the chant lawfully, but we knew that already. :)

At one time, the lack of copyright notice (whether you could actually copyright a chant at a public sporting event is a whole other issue (I doubt that you could)) would have placed the chants in the public domain (well, as the law existed 20 years ago), and, thus, no problems under Title 17 of the United States Code (copyright law). Nonetheless, I don't know which author(s) would claim the right to having placed our chant in a fixed tangible form of expression. I think we're okay (*just being a clown*). B)

First of all we are smart enough not to copy anything from the Mets and second we were doing it my senior year (2004-2005), but Im sure most of you weren't at the RACC to hear it. Yes I still call it the RACC.

Looks like we've been doing it for at least 3 years then!! :)

First of all we are smart enough not to copy anything from the Mets and second we were doing it my senior year (2004-2005), but Im sure most of you weren't at the RACC to hear it. Yes I still call it the RACC.

No need to take an unprovoked shot at the Mets.

Archived