UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why did Will Brown decide to stay?

Will Brown met with the media at the Hall of Fame room last night to talk about his decision to stay at UAlbany. To listen to the entire interview, please click on or copy and paste the link to FOX23's website.

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local...x?videoId=57197

Why ?

because a threepeat is coming in 2007-08! thats why!

did anyone notice Coach went 3rd person in the early part of the interview..... uh oh :)

Will Brown met with the media at the Hall of Fame room last night to talk about his decision to stay at UAlbany. To listen to the entire interview, please click on or copy and paste the link to FOX23's website.

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local...x?videoId=57197

FOX23Sports: Thank you for the post! The fans really appreciate it!! Very user friendly website too; I'll make sure to visit it often.

Kudos to the Fox 23 guys for putting this up. I thought the most interesting aspect was Coach telling the players during the week that there was a lot of misinformation on the message boards. Also, very interesting to understand that Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis are the clear leaders of the team.

The two individuals i am the happiest for are Carl Ross and Mike Knight who have now avoided having to play for four different coaches in four years.

Another side note - while trying to get information yesterday, i listened to more of Wyland's talk show and Murphy's talk show than i ever have before. It's kind of embarrassing that this is the best we get in the Capital District. I have no idea how some of you can listen to this on a daily basis - if you glean five minutes of worthwhile news or opinions in a hour, it's a lot.

I manage to listen to Murphy for 15 min. until he FINALLY gets to his guest list for the day. At least he says if any interesting guests will be on at 3:30 or in the second hour. Then I can switch back to Dan Patrick. missing Murph's latest summary of American Idol.

Kudos to the Fox 23 guys for putting this up. I thought the most interesting aspect was Coach telling the players during the week that there was a lot of misinformation on the message boards. Also, very interesting to understand that Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis are the clear leaders of the team.

The two individuals i am the happiest for are Carl Ross and Mike Knight who have now avoided having to play for four different coaches in four years.

Another side note - while trying to get information yesterday, i listened to more of Wyland's talk show and Murphy's talk show than i ever have before. It's kind of embarrassing that this is the best we get in the Capital District. I have no idea how some of you can listen to this on a daily basis - if you glean five minutes of worthwhile news or opinions in a hour, it's a lot.

I caught that line about message boards and the fact that his players shouldn't pay attention to what they read (he's right). I'm neither pointing anyone out here nor thinking of anyone specific; rather, this post is simply a reminder to myself and anyone else who cares to read this: Coaches statement about message boards last night serves as all the more reason for everyone on here to be careful about what they write and only spread information that they know is 100% accurate. If one speculates, then that person should inform the reader that it is simply speculation or one's own opinions. And, as always, we should continue to offer words of support and praise (unless the topic is Siena :glare: ) as opposed to unconstructive criticism (I think back to the Utah game and how the Utah fans were really hard on their team and staff on the Utah message board). We also act as somewhat of representatives of the school, even in a capacity such as this (our messages are available for fans from other schools to read), so we (myself included) should all act accordingly (and 99% of us do)! My $0.02~

My fear is that this board will turn into a happy go lucky...pat me on the back kind of a board. Dissenting opinion (within reason) should not be suppressed here. When someone makes a poor play, or doesn't perform we can talk about it. When someone says/posts something that someone here doesn't agree with it should be bantered about. Not everyone sees every situation in the same light and this board is a place to talk about ALL things concerning UA sports.

Now, clearly this can't be a board where all we do is tear the players, program, the University down. Criticism should be constructive to some extent but the free exchange of ideas should be tolerated even if we don't agree with them. I'm not sure I'm the most qualified person to make this point but thats how I feel. I'm an active poster and I'm sure I've gotten on the nerves of some here. I would even go as far as to say that my own criticism has not always passed this litmus test. But I think it's a process us new fans need to go through as we grow as fans. As we continue to grow we will see all kinds of people joining this board and I'm sure that will lead to all kinds of interesting discussions. I'm sure that the team and coaches are aware of this fact. Not everyone is going to be politically correct all the time. Some of us will fly of the wall in frustration but eventually/hopefully we'll come back down to Earth. I know at some point this will probably apply to me!

But I love my Danes....bleed purple and gold. :rolleyes:

Next season I will be alternating my 'Free Carl Ross' shirt with my 'Free Bosiydid' shirt...

Haggy,

No doubt I've probably been out of line (hopefully not to many times)....but in Ukraine we have a saying.....I'd rather hear the bitter truth then a sweet lie.

My fear is that this board will turn into a happy go lucky...pat me on the back kind of a board. Dissenting opinion (within reason) should not be suppressed here. When someone makes a poor play, or doesn't perform we can talk about it. When someone says/posts something that someone here doesn't agree with it should be bantered about. Not everyone sees every situation in the same light and this board is a place to talk about ALL things concerning UA sports.

Now, clearly this can't be a board where all we do is tear the players, program, the University down. Criticism should be constructive to some extent but the free exchange of ideas should be tolerated even if we don't agree with them. I'm not sure I'm the most qualified person to make this point but thats how I feel. I'm an active poster and I'm sure I've gotten on the nerves of some here. I would even go as far as to say that my own criticism has not always passed this litmus test. But I think it's a process us new fans need to go through as we grow as fans. As we continue to grow we will see all kinds of people joining this board and I'm sure that will lead to all kinds of interesting discussions. I'm sure that the team and coaches are aware of this fact. Not everyone is going to be politically correct all the time. Some of us will fly of the wall in frustration but eventually/hopefully we'll come back down to Earth. I know at some point this will probably apply to me!

But I love my Danes....bleed purple and gold. :rolleyes:

Good points above. Though I don't share your concern about any any kind of written fora, including this one, producing a pat-me-on-the-back setting where, and whenever, the free exchange of ideas is present. :D

Dissenting opinion, as you point out, is important, and contructive criticism and the free exchange of ideas (however divergent) is exactly what we should be engaging in here on the Board. What I think reflects badly upon a fan, a poster, or UA fans as a whole, however, is when a poster/fan engages (and the following list is not exhaustive) in (i) unconstructive criticism (subject to varying definitions I suppose but certainly encompassing "ii" and "iii"); (ii) ad hominem (i.e., attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument); and/or (iii) unsubstantiated arguments and criticisms entirely devoid of factual support or evidence.

I must also point out that one of the things that I love about this Board is how there is a wealth of information here! Generally speaking, the people here are very much informed and do a great job at answering questions. I have learned a lot about UAlbany and NCAA athletics generally through this Board, and for that, I am very appreciative.

Archived