UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar at Portsmouth

I'm going to be in VA Beach for spring break (4/2-4/6) and finally put two and two together to realize that Jamar will be playing just 30min away in Portsmouth while I'm down there. I'll have to see if I'm able to catch his first game on Thursday night. He's got a few good guards with him on the team, including Ron Lewis from Ohio State.

Good luck to Jamar!

not a great stat line in game one for Wilson. Played only 20 minutes (lowest minutes for anyone on his squad)...nailed down 5 points (1-3 from the field and 3-4 from FT line). He had 3 defensive rebounds and and one assist. Had 5 turnovers (most of any player on his team). His team lost by 20 points, 81-61. Hopefully he can bounce back in his next game.

I was able to head over to Portsmouth to watch the game. Definitely a much higher level of talent (obviously) than we are used to seeing in the AE...especially with the inside play. Jamar played about the 10-15min span in the first half, opened with about the first 10min in the second half, and finished the game on the court for about the last 3 or 4 min. His one field goal was one of his classic moves to the hoop, and had another two that just didn't quite drop. IIRC, essentially all of his turnovers were as he started a drive to the hoop from the top of the key and either just lost control of the ball or had it knocked away by the opposing guard. He didn't get as many screens up high was we're used to seeing him get at Albany. For what it's worth, he was always hustling, always got up off the bench to 'high-five' a player being subbed out, and was EASILY the least selfish player on the court..you could certainly tell the players were there to make a name for themselves.

A few other notes from the game....Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Jerry West, and Larry Brown were all in attendance. Coach Fillien was there and Coach Brown will be there today for Jamar's last game. The gym that the PIT was played at (Churchland HS, home of the Truckers) was bigger in size than Patrick Gym and probably had comparable capacity. Also, Ron Lewis from OSU pulled out from the Tournament at the last minute and was replaced by a guard from Long Beach State who was pretty impressive.

Jamar plays again today at 3:15, which I unfortunately won't be able to make this time. Good luck to him!

I remember watching Nixon from Long Beach State in Columbus in the game after ours.

Not great numbers for Jamar in that game but look at the other two guards Ravio and Martin. They both went 1-10 from the field (not combined!) in more minutes and combined for 3 rebounds and 3 assists. Combined they had the same stat line as Jamar while taking 17 more shots.

Hopefully he gets more opportunities today.

Archived