UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blog entry 4.27

04.27.07:

Just want to remind everybody that our banquet is Saturday May 5th at the Crowne Plaza in Albany. The cost is $35 per person and it will be all you can eat. A cash bar will be available. The banquet will start at 6:30 pm and we will be showing a 15 minute highlight video at the end of the banquet. Space is limited so please contact Kenny Dagostino at 442-3036 to reserve a spot.

I appreciate how passionate our fans have become the past few years. I have been receiving e-mails regarding recruits and how many student-athletes we have signed. All I can tell you is that the NCAA allows a program to have a maximum of 13 student-athletes on scholarship each year. We will have 13 student-athletes receiving scholarships on our roster this upcoming year. We will most likely have two walk-ons as well. It is not worth the time trying to piece everything together. We will have a roster of talented student-athletes who will represent the university and program in a positive manner. Just enjoy the off season!

Jamar Wilson is getting ready for some NBA tryouts starting on June 5. He is working hard and excited about the opportunity. Jason Siggers is going to have some options overseas. Several agents and general managers overseas have contacted me about Jason. Lucious Jordan has also decided to make an attempt at playing overseas. Hopefully some of these young men will be able to join Kirsten Zollner and Levi Levine as professional basketball players.

There's our answer, kinda on the scholy's situation. Walkons!

i think the discussion is over...it doesnt matter who is on scholarship...13 scholarships and 1-2 walk-on's...trying to figure out who and why is pointless...HERE IS OUR TEAM, LETS HAVE FUN!!! I think Coach Brown couldn't have made it more clear...let the countdown begin!

04.27.07:

I appreciate how passionate our fans have become the past few years.

Hey now, some of us have been passionate for longer than the past few years! Some people here have been for a few decades.

The scholarship issue doesn't make too much difference as I'm pretty sure we all knew Coach Brown knew what he was doing. I thought maybe someone else was transferring or there was another issue but it sounds like that isn't the case.

• 2 weeks later...
I see Coach Brown has a new blog entry which states that we are still looking to add another 2007 recruit. I was confused three recruits ago; do we have yet another roster surprise coming?

LOL....I'm with you, how, why did I already ask how?

Archived