UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UPDATED MAY 6, 2007 - 12:15 p.m.

Projected bracket:

#1 Duke vs. MAAC Winner

#8 North Carolina vs. Navy

#5 Georgetown vs. Notre Dame

#4 Johns Hopkins vs. Towson

#6 Maryland vs. Loyola

#3 Virginia vs. Princeton

#7 Albany vs. Delaware

#2 Cornell vs. Colgate

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?pag...;storyid=163127

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albany (14-2)

Seed/type: #7/AQ- AE

Poll Rank: 12 RPI/SOS: 6/18

Comments: Albany could very well find itself as the No. 8 seed due to a low SOS. But the Great Danes have a better RPI than North Carolina and they have more quality wins. Wins over Hopkins, Delaware, Colgate, Stony Brook (x2) and UMBC (x2) give Albany the seven seed.

ESPN tracks the teams streaking and falling as the NCAA Tournament for LAX nears. Notably:

Siena

The NCAA championship trophy won't be making a trip back to Siena anytime soon, but the Saints are positioning themselves well for a Tournament berth. With two games to go, they are undefeated in the MAAC and have won seven of their last eight. If they keep it up through the end of the regular season, they'll have the inside track on the MAAC's automatic qualifier and a likely first round matchup with Cornell.

Cornell would probably annihilate Siena, but so what: having two Division I LAX teams from this area in the 16-team field is great for turning the Capital District into a hotbed for Division I Lacrosse!

How old is this quote. Siena lost a regular season maac game in addition to the first maac tournament game and Providence is the maac lacrosse champ defeating St Joseph's and is projected to lose to Duke..

The Albany -Delaware projection is interesting as UA defeated Delaware 13-7 on 3/10. does the NCAA try to avoid rematches in the first round? I guess we will find out at 9 on ESPNU.

ESPN tracks the teams streaking and falling as the NCAA Tournament for LAX nears. Notably:

Siena

The NCAA championship trophy won't be making a trip back to Siena anytime soon, but the Saints are positioning themselves well for a Tournament berth. With two games to go, they are undefeated in the MAAC and have won seven of their last eight. If they keep it up through the end of the regular season, they'll have the inside track on the MAAC's automatic qualifier and a likely first round matchup with Cornell.

Cornell would probably annihilate Siena, but so what: having two Division I LAX teams from this area in the 16-team field is great for turning the Capital District into a hotbed for Division I Lacrosse!

How old is this quote. Siena lost a regular season maac game in addition to the first maac tournament game and Providence is the maac lacrosse champ defeating St Joseph's and is projected to lose to Duke..

The Albany -Delaware projection is interesting as UA defeated Delaware 13-7 on 3/10. does the NCAA try to avoid rematches in the first round? I guess we will find out at 9 on ESPNU.

It was from an ESPN article posted on the main LAX page today (Sunday): But it's obviously not current, given Friday's score. I didn't cross-check the ESPN information with the MAAC Tourney scores; my bad.

There was a lot of post-game speculation yesterday that we might get matched up with Colgate, in the same bracket as Cornell, creating a "sort of" upstate championship spot in the Final Four. It seems likely that if Colgate makes it, UMBC won't. If anyone doesn't already know, Coach Marr is on the selection committee and flew to Indaianapolis after the game.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/200705...64306-4682r.htm

There was a lot of post-game speculation yesterday that we might get matched up with Colgate, in the same bracket as Cornell, creating a "sort of" upstate championship spot in the Final Four. It seems likely that if Colgate makes it, UMBC won't. If anyone doesn't already know, Coach Marr is on the selection committee and flew to Indaianapolis after the game.

YES--he was whisked to Albany International Airport in a special car immediately after the game.

YES--he was whisked to Albany International Airport in a special car immediately after the game.

Here are the seedings and matchups. http://www.insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?pag...;storyid=163773

Quarterfinals at Navy

#1 Duke vs. Providence

#8 North Carolina vs. Navy

Quarterfinals at Princeton

#5 Albany vs. Loyola

#4 Cornell vs. Towson

Quarterfinals at Princeton

#6 Georgetown vs. Princeton

#3 Johns Hopkins vs. Notre Dame

Quarterfinals at Navy

#7 Maryland vs. UMBC

#2 Virginia vs. Delaware